Ultra's on e-Bay and I just ordered an 11Rack

Before I get ripped apart I better qualify that with...until the AxeFXII is here. ;)

The Ultra is the only thing I've got that makes noise and I'm not really confident that I'll get in on the first or even second batch before they're gone because of all you crazy guys. So I've got my Ultra money stashed and in the meantime I can have something to use and then when I finally do get the AxeFXII I can flip this on e-Bay and about break even. I'm sure of it because I got a stupid deal on it. It was an open box return and I was able to stack a coupon code on top of it so it was a substantial discount.

All I have to say is that the front panel better work really damn good because I am not installing ProTools on my computer. Partly because it would kill resale having it registered, but mostly because I still hate AVID. I'm just using them. :razz

When I tried an eleven rack, the first thing that struck me was how bad the effects sound compared to the Axe. There were some quite usable amp tones though, but it lacked the dynamics of the Axe-Fx. I have a borrowed unit right next to me, but I do not really feel an urge to play it :)

I have a HD 500 that I got a couple weeks before finally getting to order my Ultra.. if I want to play something that reminds me I need to be playing my Ultra :) I actually use it some because its more portalbe but I'm fixing that before I get the II.

Haha..so you and Avid made up..and after all that talk we heard..you little flirt you.. :lol
Yeah I feel like a slut.

AVID's made me a lot of money and will continue to do so, but in the meantime I'll have something to make some noise. I swear we're just friends. :razz

I bought pro tools le and an mbox :)

I did too, and I keep telling myself that this somehow justifies it, that I at least can record my Axe Fx with it. Will my Axe Fx somehow suffer though if I keep connecting it to the mbox, or will it just make the mbox that much cooler?

I didn't even see your reply, but I did change it since it left today.

11Rack will be here thursday. I listened to some stuff online, watched some videos and read the manual (quickly). Already lots of things I'm not liking about it. :) I can't believe that they don't have the ability for the wah pedal to auto engage. I'm not even a big user of it, but that's just lazy or stupid IMHO.

But I did fire up ReValver MKIII for a few minutes because I was going through withdrawal already. Thank God the NBA Finals are on because I couldn't even play it. It sounded like crap and was full of latency issues. I tried out a few other plugins and it wasn't any better.

Sometimes things have to suck a bit before they get better. They suck right now for sure.

Oh and tried to go over the DUC forums for a few minutes to get some ideas of what I'm getting into and there was an AxeFXII thread. I read about 2 pages of it and realized they are about as blinded by fanboy behaviors as we are here. :razz

Only difference is that we're right. :mrgreen

Needless to say I didn't make an account.

Back
Top Bottom