Ultra Vs. II (Prog Metal)

axl009

Inspired
I just got my II yesterday and it is truly amazing. I got curious and I copied one of my old presets on the Ultra over to the II to hear the difference. I tweaked it a tad, but it basically has the same settings from the Ultra. This riff is from an unmastered demo of one of my new tracks. What do you guys think?

I agree. Although the Ultra sits better in the mix, I prefer the overall tone of the II.

@snerkz, Thank you.

The II part has more body. I suspect similar shaping will result in a smoother character than the Ultra. Cool riffs. Can you share the II patch?

Ah, I should've looked, thanks. I haven't gotten to load it up. Incidentally, your piece reminds me some of this:

Haha, I hear the similarities. Video games were a huge influence in my life when I was younger.

Haha, I hear the similarities. Video games were a huge influence in my life when I was younger.

They (like the one I posted) are a fair part of my life, now. That's an interesting tone. Is Alex Lifeson an influence? Did you do anything to it in the mix?

They (like the one I posted) are a fair part of my life, now. That's an interesting tone. Is Alex Lifeson an influence? Did you do anything to it in the mix?

They still are a part of my life but not as much as they used to be. Actually, I was thinking of Animals As Leaders as an influence on this one. For the tone I was trying to get an Opeth feel to it. Also, both guitar tracks are direct in with no editing done to them; 2 tracks panned left and right.

Back
Top Bottom