Ultra Res IR's - What is your experience with them?

I'm still on the fence. What I'm planning on doing is taking one of the longer redwirez IR's I have and convert it to UR in Cablab when the update comes out. Then I'll have an apples to apples comparison and can decide.

iaresee, what kind of tones do you use?

Terry.

Clean, Fender and Vox tones, up through mid-clip tones all the way to full clip stuff. I don't play the djent. :) Mainly funk, jam-rock, pop-rock stuff here.

On my Trey A patch I'm loving TAF's TangoJR mix IR. On my Fender Twin/Komet 60 patch the OH_212_BOG-SH_M-BB-55_SP IR on the Twin and the OH_412_MAR-CB_FN-42_Studio-Modern IR on the Komet are DA BOMB! The Komet, in particular, just comes alive with that Fane IR. That Fane is so much wider in response than most guitar speakers, it really lets the Komet's low end shine through. And a gig volumes you can ride the feedback wave with ease.

I'm also using the OH_212_BOG-SH_ALN-SLV_SP mix with my Warm Shivers patch (it's on Axe-Change) which is a Bogner Shiva based patch that's primarily clean and uses drive pedals to bring in levels of clipping.

And on my U2 patch I use two cabs, both panned, middle, both mixed 50/50. One has an OH_212_BOG-SH_M-BB-55_SP in it, the other has an OH_212_BOG-SH_G65-OR_SP mix in it. Glorious U2 sounds.

At some point in the near future I'll do an updated gig patch post with all of these patches in it.

I only use the UltraRes Ownhammer 4x12 and 2x12 and 1x12

I love them. For clean.. dirt.. and Hi-gain stuff

i did go UR..and i dont wanna go back in time ;)

It's interesting to see that some of you hear a huge difference between URez and HiRezwhile others do not find the difference to be significant. As a high gainer I get the feeling that I won't hear a big difference between them and that it will be negligible when it comes to a full mix. I'm sure that could change with the right IR though. I just don't see myself sifting through hundreds of IRs to find something that I like when I'm pretty set on my tones.

Could someone provide me some links with some free UR IRs that are considered good?

For higain the first UR Cliff shared when the firmware was released ... GUITAR HACK , you can find them in several thread ... Most easy is the Compilation of free UR it's Thread

BUT as I stated before I'm still happy with my Messiah

Talking about mix ... I tend to think that "less is more"
I want to come with a mix ready sound and maybe fix some "looping frequencies "...

In my little experience I just ended ( hi-gain ) switching to old trusted ir's
Exactly the opposite with cleans and crunch ...

Hi-gain need too much daw tweaking ( for now I guess ) and cleans are just "perfect " with UR

This is the TAF mix idea. Sounds like Andy made them with some post processing low cut to make them sit just right in a mix

Back
Top Bottom