ULTRA R.I.P.?

And yeah, I know that we all have kissed his butt plenty in the past; I'm not talking about praise, I'm talking about making sure that he doesn't hate working from the negative vibes.

Agree that attacks are not productive. On the other hand, he gets enough worship here to drown a person. Sheesh. To me, the way the announcement was handled left me unsure about his perspective on Ultra/Std owners. He needs to answer some questions. Will the people who just bought get anything? I'm not one of them, but the answer will be very telling. Will there be future upgrades for the "old" platform? I'm okay either way, but want my expectations to be realistic. There's been a LOT of posts on these two questions. Why doesn't he just tell us? Even if the answers are No and No, he could say it out loud here, and with the right tone, could erase most of the bad feelings and put an end to the speculation. Trade-ins and forever upgrades may not be reasonable. It is reasonable to expect some answers... IMHO of course.

Agree that attacks are not productive. On the other hand, he gets enough worship here to drown a person. Sheesh. To me, the way the announcement was handled left me unsure about his perspective on Ultra/Std owners. He needs to answer some questions. Will the people who just bought get anything? I'm not one of them, but the answer will be very telling. Will there be future upgrades for the "old" platform? I'm okay either way, but want my expectations to be realistic. There's been a LOT of posts on these two questions. Why doesn't he just tell us? Even if the answers are No and No, he could say it out loud here, and with the right tone, could erase most of the bad feelings and put an end to the speculation. Trade-ins and forever upgrades may not be reasonable. It is reasonable to expect some answers... IMHO of course.

Cliff has said that there isn't much room left in the ultra and he is saving the last part of the memory for amp sims. To me that says he is planing some more firmware upgrades with new amp sims. That to me says there is still going to be support going forward.

And on the topic of the people who just bought, well, they just bought a great device (i bought my Ultra only 3 months ago and was initially bummed, but then grew up and dealt with it, and realized the Ultra still kicks major ass) Just like ANYTHING ELSE you buy, there is always the chance it becomes very quickly not the greatest thing ever, but 2nd best. Anybody who really complains should just grow up. I'm not made of money and sold a bunch of stuff for my Ultra. If anyone is so upset about not getting an upgrade credit or something, then my question is "Why didn't you buy the axe sooner, it's been out like 4-5 years" You obviously don't care about being on the fore-front of technology or you would have had it a few years ago and not been in this position. Late adopters always run right against the upgrade wall. (and i was one of these late-adopters on the 3 month edge where tons of people are complaining)

I personally think that Cliff should keep doing whatever the hell he wants to do, cause it's been working, and his products have helped people make some fantastic music, have helped make touring easier and more economical by reducing rig sizes, and are just plain awesome. As a very recent Fractal Audio Customer, I appreciate what Fractal does and how they do it. Keep it up!! The majority of your customers, past and future, are excited about the new offering. Don't let the small minority who are upset distract from the great work you do and the positive feelings most of us have for you. Thanks.

I still don't get this. People are crying because they could have sold their Ultra for 2300 and now only get 1500. Anyone think about the guy that bought a used Ultra for 2300 on ebay just to find out the next day he could have gotten it for 1500? This is called LIFE. Don't blame Cliff or anyone else cause your box of Exceedingly good tones dropped in resale value. Some people win the lotto and most lose. I personally bought mine new about 3 weeks ago for 2000. Im not upset because I could have had the AXE II if I would have waited. For all I knew I might have waited and the Ultra could have gone out of stock, then I would have NO AXE FX! Dollars to donuts your holding a great product, whatever you paid for it.

I got to try out FW11 on only a couple of presets - I really did not have to tweak any. My main problem, background noise is much improved to the point where I turned the gate to minimum. It certainly has a better feel.

I might go for the II in a few months, but I could be convinced with a trade-in program... ;-)

+1 on the trade in thing.
I'm probably speaking from the position of just feeling all butt hurt that there's a newer better version of what was the newest and best but...I'd like to think loyalty has some value.
I'm starting to wonder how "smart" I was to get rid of so much of my old gear now because I thought that by investing in the Ultra...I was pretty well getting the best of the best of the best...now there's a better best of the best and I'm in no way in a position to get it....oh well....this thing was rockin the house for the last 18 months...I can't see why it won't continue to rock the house

If anyone is so upset about not getting an upgrade credit or something, then my question is "Why didn't you buy the axe sooner, it's been out like 4-5 years" You obviously don't care about being on the fore-front of technology or you would have had it a few years ago and not been in this position. Late adopters always run right against the upgrade wall. (and i was one of these late-adopters on the 3 month edge where tons of people are complaining).

Amen Brother. now can all you whingers please STFU?! anyone even contemplating trade in scheme for even one second must be seriously retarded. why on earth would cliff want his storage space being taken up by a tonne of secondhand and (to him) useless axe fx units. what on earth would you expect him to do with them. i just don't get where you ppl come up with this rubbish...

Can we please hear no more about it? ppl are getting pretty fed up with hearing this crap including cliff.

Amen Brother. now can all you whingers please STFU?! anyone even contemplating trade in scheme for even one second must be seriously retarded. why on earth would cliff want his storage space being taken up by a tonne of secondhand and (to him) useless axe fx units. what on earth would you expect him to do with them. i just don't get where you ppl come up with this rubbish...

Can we please hear no more about it? ppl are getting pretty fed up with hearing this crap including cliff.

some bods are upset. their 'whining' threads will peter out with time.
what isnt needed is your equal whinging 'anti-whine' post.
let it die a natural death instead of stoking the embers.

I won't be upset if they do nothing for recent buyers. I'll also be okay if there are no more firmware updates. It is disappointing that he ignores the questions. Just make an announcement and end all the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom