Ultra not sending the same level signal from L/R??!

Mine does this too. It is consistently 3dB hotter on the right side. Strange. I just compensate for it at the board, but I wish I didn't have to.

Same exact problem with mine, sounds like it is rampant enough to warrant an internal investigation. Wonder if this could be compensated for with a software fix?

Yup me too. I thought it was my soundcard,then my cables,then my Tascam US428.
I tested all of these and the issue seems to be the Ultra itself.
I just turn the soundcard input a little lower on one side but I would like to hear what Cliff thinks.

My right output 1 XLR is about 6 dB hotter than my left. Confirmed via board LEDs as well as my ears. It has nothing to do with patches. A clean "shunt only" patch does it as well factory patches. Front vs rear input does not change things. As I change cables, the hot signal follows the right output. I'm amazed I have not heard this before.

Perhaps a Global Balance tab with L/R balance knobs for each of the outputs ?

I noticed it because I sit about 3 feet from my 2 1x12's. And when I play at very low levels (practicing) it was obvious that one speaker was barely audible. I checked with my ears against each speaker.

I hope cliff fixes it. Is it only with the Ultra?

jerotas said:
I noticed it because I sit about 3 feet from my 2 1x12's. And when I play at very low levels (practicing) it was obvious that one speaker was barely audible. I checked with my ears against each speaker.

I hope cliff fixes it. Is it only with the Ultra?

No, my standard does this as well. I've just measured the outputs and the right XLR socket has a short from a signal pin to ground. Of course this will halve the output level on this channel. :cry:

Did another test today, going thru a Digico SD8: the first thing the sound engineer noticed was a level mismatch. Man, the Axe is so good, I'm sure a lot of passion and work was put into it... how this problem is possible?

Woland said:
Did another test today, going thru a Digico SD8: the first thing the sound engineer noticed was a level mismatch. Man, the Axe is so good, I'm sure a lot of passion and work was put into it... how this problem is possible?

Contact support. If not everyone is having this problem, it is probably not a firmware issue.

javajunkie said:
Contact support. If not everyone is having this problem, it is probably not a firmware issue.

I haven't seen ANYONE come on this thread and say they aren't having this problem. For now, I'll assume that this level discrepency applies to everyone. Also, someone did say on this thread that they had emailed support, right?

jerotas said:
javajunkie said:

I haven't seen ANYONE come on this thread and say they aren't having this problem. For now, I'll assume that this level discrepency applies to everyone. Also, someone did say on this thread that they had emailed support, right?

Ok, I'm not.

Nope, some one refered Cliff to this post. Not the same thing as contacting support. Support is just for situations like this especially when you get comments like one pin of the XLR is shorted out. That is definitely a hardware issue.

Back
Top Bottom