ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 7.15 & PRESETS UPDATED as of (7.13-15)

Help. I can not find the "Reset Program Change It".
Already found. It works great.

GuitarDojo said:
The presets have also been updated as of 7.15 JUNE 3 2009

Do the presets automatically update when I update the firmware or do I have to do that seperately? If seperately, will the editor do it or should I use my MIDI librarian?

mitch236 said:
GuitarDojo said:

Do the presets automatically update when I update the firmware or do I have to do that seperately? If seperately, will the editor do it or should I use my MIDI librarian?

You download the presets separately the editor will work.

geetarman said:
mitch236 said:
GuitarDojo said:

Thanks man!!! Any luck finding a patch for my Kingdom Come sound??!!!!!

mitch236 said:
Thanks man!!! Any luck finding a patch for my Kingdom Come sound??!!!!!
I was acutally working on learning the song. ;) If I get a not so embarassing attempt I will post it. :p

geetarman said:
mitch236 said:
GuitarDojo said:

I downloaded the firmware but can't figure out how to download the banks. I don't think the editor can replace banks, if it can, please tell me how.

Thanks

What I now did (that I hope worked) was to go into the Utility menu and select to update all Presets. I guess that worked?

mitch236 said:
What I now did (that I hope worked) was to go into the Utility menu and select to update all Presets. I guess that worked?

NO, that did not work. DO NOT do that again. At work now, so I dont have time to get into it. Someone else please ?

To update the banks... download them and send them to the Axe-FX with some Sysex Librarian. In my case I use MIDI-OX... I load the sysex from the downloaded bank into one of the windows and then I just send that sysex to the Axe-FX. Once that is done the presets are updated.

mworkman said:
To update the banks... download them and send them to the Axe-FX with some Sysex Librarian. In my case I use MIDI-OX... I load the sysex from the downloaded bank into one of the windows and then I just send that sysex to the Axe-FX. Once that is done the presets are updated.
What do I have to do to make the Axe ready to recieve the banks?

In the case of of preset uploads, nothing. You just send them and it knows.

mworkman said:

Updated...or replaced?

porieux said:
mworkman said:

Updated...or replaced?

I guess replaced is more accurate. If you had Bank A and sent it to the Axe-FX with presets in a specific order and then lets say you decide to send Bank B into Bank A in the Axe-FX all the Bank A presets in the Axe-FX are replaced with the Bank B presets you just sent.

I would think if you are sending the Fractal banks, then Bank A would only replace Bank A because of the numbering scheme. If you wanted to replace bank A with data from bank B, I would think you would need to renumber the presets.

mitch236 said:
I would think if you are sending the Fractal banks, then Bank A would only replace Bank A because of the numbering scheme. If you wanted to replace bank A with data from bank B, I would think you would need to renumber the presets.

The 7th byte of a bank sysex file determines which bank those presets arrive at: 02 = A; 03 = B; 04 = C

Well, I had a chance to update the firmware and the banks and I have to say, I'm not a fan of the new noise gate. I will openly admit to not being at all an expert in noise gates but what I notice is that I can't defeat it no matter what settings I use and its decay is notched. Can someone help me? I read the Wiki but no matter what the settings, I seem to get the same results. I would really like to be able to defeat the gate. BTW, I was using the editor to make gate changes.

Thanks, not really a critique but a request to better understand the noise gate.

Hi all,I'm new to Ultra and impressed!
This is amazing! :)
I have question about preset update(bank update).
After downloading 3 .syx files(for bank A to C),I was open this file from MIDI-OX then send each file.
.syx file for bank A and C looks work but while sending data for bank B,Ultra dispaly shows "Back Cuecksum".
Anyone know how to fix this?

Thx in advance.

Regards.

It's really quite remarkably how often Cliff updates the firmware for this thing.

cuckoo...cuckoo...cuckoo

Thanks!

[How could you guys have even standed playing this thing back around version 4?
Your ears must really suck!!
:D ]

Back
Top Bottom