Ultimate Guitar Tab and Tab Pro? iPhone?

L

luke

Anyone have an experience?

Going to Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp in a few weeks with Steve Stevens.

I was provided a list of "possible" songs we might play, but was advised the set may turn out to be very different.

I was checking out ultimate guitar.com and their Tab Pro version, seems they have an iPhone version as well.

Obviously the full version is best, but I don't know I'll have Wifi access on my laptop at their space, so I thought maybe the iPhone version would be best to quickly download a tune via my 3G plan.

If you have any experience with these products on your phone I'd love to hear your opinions.

AND you can spare me the learn it by ear speech, the goal is to learn a bunch of tunes in a few hours and I want all the help I can get to speed things along.

I use Guitar pro and ultimate guitar on both iPhone and iPad, all great but iPhone version of ultimate guitar supports Tab Pro which is excellent and scrolls horizontally across the screen whilst playing, perfect for the money :)

Guitar pro app is pretty good, the ultimate guitar app sucked and you had to pay for everything, and I never used the tab pro yet so I can't comment.

Songsterr web is now better, ultimate guitar app too - I can get a pro account from apknite to see HQ tabs that include backing tracks Guitar Pro is quite expensive €5.59.

I've used Ultimate-Guitar for a while- downloaded the app- and paid for the upgrade- then got immediately hit for $10 and said no- and the $5 app i paid for is basically shitty. I wouldn't pay for anything.

I'd do your homework before you go

And just print it- it's easier if you need to bring it and practice there

I'm not saying 'learn it by ear' but I'm also saying- you don't need to see the songs in midi moving along the screen either- it's not karoke it's a learning aid

Back
Top Bottom