Ultimate Fusion Collection (FAS Community Edition)

Others that killed it for me were Larry Carlton: Sleepwalk (crazy, crazy good), Jeff Beck: There and Back, Becker Bros (live): Heavy Metal Bebop, Spyro Gyra: Morning Dance, ... I was onto Robben Ford early too (some Yellowjackets live stuff) and worshipped Pat Metheny (Group).
Great list! I too was a major Pat Metheny Group fanatic. I believe I have seen PMG more times than any other band. I can’t even count the number.

Great list! I too was a major Pat Metheny Group fanatic. I believe I have seen PMG more times than any other band.
Thx. Me too, yet only about 7 times, and similar for anything Toto/Lukather.
First time I saw PMG was so magical. I couldn't believe Pat could actually just improvise those types of solos :eek: That was the concert where he started from the back of the hall with just the synth guitar.
Love how it seems the crowd always needs 5 minutes of applause after First Circle or Are You Going With Me while he just has to stand there, "TY... TY..." :D The Secret Story concert was so great too. Last time I saw him nearby some 5 years ago and it didn't touch me so much anymore -- a compliment to Lyle Mays, I guess...

Thx. Me too, yet only about 7 times, and similar for anything Toto/Lukather.
First time I saw PMG was so magical. I couldn't believe Pat could actually just improvise those types of solos :eek: That was the concert where he started from the back of the hall with just the synth guitar.
Love how it seems the crowd always needs 5 minutes of applause after First Circle or Are You Going With Me while he just has to stand there, "TY... TY..." :D The Secret Story concert was so great too. Last time I saw him nearby some 5 years ago and it didn't touch me so much anymore -- a compliment to Lyle Mays, I guess...
I think the Still Life Talking tour was the first time I saw him. I loved the Secret Story tour too. I think I caught every tour up until speaking of Now. Some tours I saw them a couple times. Haven’t seen him in quite some time. I can’t remember if I saw The Way Up tour. I have the recording. I agree, without Lyle Mays a major part of the beauty of that band is gone. I loved the Mays, Wertico, Rodby years most…I think.🤔 Although seeing Mark Egan and Danny Gottlieb would have been pretty cool. Music like that is hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom