Uh-oh... Axe II not detecting instrument input!!??!!

Muzick

Experienced
So came home tonight, plugged in the guitar, turned on the Axe II and raised Out 1 to about half way. No sound out of my monitors. Looked at Input Activity LED's, no signal detection seen.

Hopped over to I/O checked the audio tab, verified Input source is set to Analog (In 1), Input left select is 'rear', Input 1 Mode stereo, output 1 mode stereo.

Turned volume back down, shut axe II down for about 2 minutes, turned it back on, turned output 1 back to half way... still nothing.

Checked Status tab by clicking the utility button, Axe II is not detecting any input on that screen either.

Plugged my guitar into old amp, using the same guitar cable, works just fine.

Back to the I/O menu, for grins I set Input 1 left select to front, signal is detected on the left channel only of input 1, return it to the rear position, no sound again.

Plugged Axe II into computer, started cubase and set Audio input source to USB, previously recorded dry track lights up the activity lights no problem.

This does not sound good... HELP! please!

If your guitar is plugged into the front (as it should be) the Input 1 Left Select should be set to Front and Input 1 Mode should be set to Left Only.

If your guitar is plugged into the front (as it should be) the Input 1 Left Select should be set to Front and Input 1 Mode should be set to Left Only.

Ok setting input 1 mode to left only detected instrument input as stereo...:lol . *smacks forehead* Don't know why that changed but at least I'm hearing my guitar.

The axe is still not acting normal. Im switching between patches and it sounds like the signal is weak. Another strange thing to note is that when I do switch patches it almost sounds like a stutter dial tone letting me know I have voice message, then it stops and continues to play. I've got my monitor volume and the out 1 maxed right now and its barely reaching 'loud'... it should be ear bleeding based on past experience

Last edited:
Ok setting input 1 mode to left only detected instrument input as stereo...:lol . *smacks forehead* Don't know why that changed but at least I'm hearing my guitar.

The axe is still not acting normal. Im switching between patches and it sounds like the signal is weak. Another strange thing to note is that when I do switch patches it almost sounds like a stutter dial tone letting me know I have voice message, then it stops and continues to play. I've got my monitor volume and the out 1 maxed right now and its barely reaching 'loud'... it should be ear bleeding based on past experience

Well I feel like a dumbass about this whole thing, but for some reason as I started to explore my global settings EVERYTHING was jacked up. All of my low EQ's were -24DB, my mids were +24 db, and my highs were -24db. This was for out 1 and 2. Scales were all set to -24 semitones... what's the default? I can't remember

I still can't figure out this stutter thing when I switch patches though.

Last edited:
Do a system reset. The stuttering means you are not getting communications with the foot controller. Probably because the MIDI channel is changed.

Do a system reset. The stuttering means you are not getting communications with the foot controller. Probably because the MIDI channel is changed.

Thank you for the advice Cliff. That did the trick. Sorry about the emergency. I'm seriously perplexed why this happened. I worked today so I didn't drink last night ;)

Thanks again

Thank you for the advice Cliff. That did the trick. Sorry about the emergency. I'm seriously perplexed why this happened. I worked today so I didn't drink last night ;)

Thanks again

Maybe your neighbors came in to play while you were away! :)

Back
Top Bottom