UA apollo and fractal

aaronv84

Inspired
out of curiosity?! Being that UA uses the tiger shark processor. How come Fractal hasn't licensed its software to to use on the their hardware? Possibly limiting it to a much simpler format like the AX8. Or even the older stuff like the ultra? Maybe small amp packs and effect packs?

out of curiosity?! Being that UA uses the tiger shark processor. How come Fractal hasn't licensed its software to to use on the their hardware? Possibly limiting it to a much simpler format like the AX8. Or even the older stuff like the ultra? Maybe small amp packs and effect packs?

UA uses the Shark not the Tiger Shark, but I have made this same suggestion before too.

A collaboration between FAS and UA could really be sweet for us consumers.

For me its a selfish request :) I don't know anything about either company's business model.
obviously UA is well used to collaborations with other hardware and software creators......with FAS, perhaps dealing with emulations of emulations may prove problematic...if ya know what i mean .....cuz Im not sure I do....:confused:

Good point guys! It would be a good way to get people to take a leap into fractal. Also i never hear of peole stealing their software. So it would be an easy fix for those that want....... i guess you can call it a native platform

Because the toto/the thier chips won't fit

I can't imagine this being worth it for a company like Fractal, which is still so comparably new and growing. Too much risk of leaking the algorithms, and too much "locking down" with one company I'd think.

More likely that Fractal expands into the markets that UA is in than bunkering down with UA and sharing... But that's just my totally uneducated opinion on the matter.

To keep the convo going: why do those who prefer UA do so, and which products do you use?

I can't imagine this being worth it for a company like Fractal, which is still so comparably new and growing. Too much risk of leaking the algorithms, and too much "locking down" with one company I'd think.

More likely that Fractal expands into the markets that UA is in than bunkering down with UA and sharing... But that's just my totally uneducated opinion on the matter.

To keep the convo going: why do those who prefer UA do so, and which products do you use?
You are probably fairly close to right. This has been hashed over before and I know of the two folks on this thread who are active UA Apollo users are me and @barhrecords , and I can speak confidently for both of us that the world would be far less pleasant without either product, and the marriage of the hardwares as is is very satisfying, as UA makes arguably the best interface and recording software, and FAS does what it does best.

Me personally im looking to to buy the new compact apollo. My rep at sweetwater says its the best thing to use for recording and using amp sim plugins. But as far as actual use of their products... i dont have any. after a little resurch is why im here with the question i asked.

I know personally im while on the go the less stuff i have to pack the better off i am. ( guitar, laptop, computer, interface )

If you don't need more than 2 analog inputs at a time, the Apollo Twin will be fine for your needs...what Fractal device would you be using it with?

Being i travle alot i may jus use their amp sims and leave the axfx home.
Keep in mind that you must buy their amp sims, but a few of them are well worth it, to me. IMO the must haves for UA guitar amp sims are the Fender Tweed, the Marshall Silver Jubilee, and the two Fuchs amp, the ODS and the Train, but when you get the Apollo, you can audition any plugin for 2 weeks before purchase, so you can be the judge.

Keep in mind that you must buy their amp sims, but a few of them are well worth it, to me. IMO the must haves for UA guitar amp sims are the Fender Tweed, the Marshall Silver Jubilee, and the two Fuchs amp, the ODS and the Train, but when you get the Apollo, you can audition any plugin for 2 weeks before purchase, so you can be the judge.

Yea ill certainly check them out. I dont mind buying the amp sims being i hear they are really good.

The idea seems a little daft to be honest however if Cliff wanted to add in a bunch of mastering and mixing tools to the Axe fx that would kinda be awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom