U2 sounds

There is no other guitar on the backing track, but yea, unless you listen to the tail end where there are only drums, you might not know where the low end begins or ends.

polizei said:
You bet... if you promise to help figure out how his live (in Mexico) slide solo should sound ;)

Lol. I'm still just trying to get to grips with the AxeFX which arrived last week. I downloaded the other Mysterious Ways patch that's floating around here based off the YouTube video - but it doesn't sound anything like the you tube video - the reverb and swooshy flange sound just aren't there - I'm assuming the Axe has changed a lot since that patch came out. :(

Weird, huh?

I made that patch. Copied the settings exactly from the video, but it doesn't sound like it. Since then I have put some work into the amp and the filter bit, biggest problem was the jumping back of the filter. Couldn't get it right, just like Wildmorphlaw from the youtube.
I haven't put much trouble into the flanger bit, but I haven't gotten the swoosh yet, either. If you have found where I went off the path, please inform me.

Your version sounds better. Is that jumping back of the filter better through playing technique or did you tweak it?

This one sounds great. Hoping he posts the patch so we can see how it's done. I agree, looking at your patch in conjunction with the video, it seemed to be right, but it didn't sound the same. It's most weird. Is there any way to control the jump back of the filter via a pedal, to remove the muting technique requirement?

Yea it is a lot of muting and I'm also strumming hard on the low strings after the envelope really closes to accentuate the mids. I've found that If I don't "play" the filter, it never really sounds dramatic enough. I have actually started to like this attribute and by merely changing timing, the guitar sounds completely different with this particular patch.

My SC250 has hot pickups, so I had to alter the amp from the youtube video a bit, but I also added a BB pre. The filter had to be dampened so that with my particular hand technique would close it just right. I also modified the tail end of the envelope to ease out. The other part I added, after watching the live in Mexico rendition, was more modulated delay (you'll hear it subtly when he transitions through the song, but I left it more prominent, because I like the jingly sound it makes).

I've never had an A3, but I'm guessing this song is easier to play on that unit?

I'll upload the patch soon - I haven't been home enough to get it done. Last time I used Axe-edit, it blue screened my Windows 7 machine, so I try to stay out of that program.

Give this a shot. I think I exported this correctly :?

Attachments

• 001 - U2 Mysterious.syx
    2 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom