Ty Tabor in the new Guitar World

Dday

Axology lists his Axe as preamp/fx processor, with a Randall RT2/50. Did he drop the Egnater M4??? Hmmmm.

Love Ty's playing and tone. Just watched their new DVD Live Love in London. Great, great show. Can't see his rig though.

MusicManJP6 said:
Love Ty's playing and tone. Just watched their new DVD Live Love in London. Great, great show. Can't see his rig though.
Yes, great DVD!
Everybody who takes the time to read this NEEDS to buy the Live Love in London DVD! Support Kings X! The DVD just came out, but that show is from almost 2 years ago, and I don't think he had an Axe Fx yet.

Dday said:
Axology lists his Axe as preamp/fx processor, with a Randall RT2/50. Did he drop the Egnater M4??? Hmmmm.
Are you thinking that he might be using the amps in the Axe Fx now? Did he say anything in the magazine about changing?

Guess I'll have to go get that Guitar World mag.

L5!
What a great and unique amp.
Best solid state distortion I have ever heard from a guitar amp.
Yes, still waiting....
It will happen about as soon as my "discount coupon" for the MFC101!! :lol:
Yes, still waiting on that one too.

But, all things considered, I can't complain really - I have plenty of other things to enjoy with my Ultra's.

Sixstring said:
This is interesting news, if it's accurate... He is saying here in the vid and being quite avid about using tubes and the unpredictability they offer that you can't emulate with software.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-LklUF-1pU

I remember watching that video months ago. My impression at the time was that he probably hadn't really delved deeply into the amp simulations well enough to hear just how good and flexible they are.

tandjent said:
Sixstring said:
This is interesting news, if it's accurate... He is saying here in the vid and being quite avid about using tubes and the unpredictability they offer that you can't emulate with software.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-LklUF-1pU

I remember watching that video months ago. My impression at the time was that he probably hadn't really delved deeply into the amp simulations well enough to hear just how good and flexible they are.

I wondered about this, it would be very cool if he has really given it a good testing and found out that they are for real and is willing to give the Axe a front line try indicated by Jeff Hilligan in the huge racks link.

The funniest thing about his comment in that vid when referring to the unpredictability of tubes is that same unpredictability when those same tube$ burn up or go dead :lol:

shasha said:
Anyone notice that he was using a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller?

Go figure, he could use any midi foot controller on the planet and he uses the B word :? . He must like the way the pedals are laid out or something.

My friend grew up with the guys in Kings x, even lived with some of them over the years. From what he says Ty uses gear that is given to him for the most part. That is probably why over the years u've seen him with some lame gear:p Either way, they do put on great shows.

Joe

He's had that Behringer pedal for years and he beats the crap out of it! It works.

I still need to go get that Guitar World...

In that same issue of Guitar World there is an interview with Rivers Cuomo of Weezer. In that article they go over the gear of the other guitar players in Weezer and I can't remember the guy's name but they said he is using a Fractal Audio Axe-FX system.

The didn't call it out in a special "box" of the article it was just in the text. They were saying how one guitar player perferred the boutique 2x12 Matchless (if I remember right) and the other the Axe-FX and Rivers a Diezel I think.

Two mentions in the same issue. Nice!

I played a show with Kings X a year ago August. At the time he had the AxeFx as his effects and the Egnater's for his amps. We talked for a bit and he was definitely enjoying the amp sounds for recording but had not yet used them live. The simplicity , consistency and great tones that the AxeFx provides has probably won him over by now. I know my AxeFx created interest at the festival. A number of people approached me.

prog_head said:
I played a show with Kings X a year ago August. At the time he had the AxeFx as his effects and the Egnater's for his amps. We talked for a bit and he was definitely enjoying the amp sounds for recording but had not yet used them live. The simplicity , consistency and great tones that the AxeFx provides has probably won him over by now. I know my AxeFx created interest at the festival. A number of people approached me.

Really cool... I'm a big Ty fan and absolutely love the woodsy tone that he gets. It would be very interesting to see if he has started using the Axe live, I for one would kill for his presets.

prog_head said:
For me the point of having the AxeFX is because I don't have to go out and buy all of those other amps and stuff to get 'my' tone. He's already got all of that stuff so he probably isn't tone searching anymore.

And judging by the comments of most everyone who loves his tone it works for him. I would be more shocked if he started using the amp models in the AxeFX than not to be honest. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom