Ty Tabor in the new Guitar World

shasha said:
prog_head said:
I played a show with Kings X a year ago August. At the time he had the AxeFx as his effects and the Egnater's for his amps. We talked for a bit and he was definitely enjoying the amp sounds for recording but had not yet used them live. The simplicity , consistency and great tones that the AxeFx provides has probably won him over by now. I know my AxeFx created interest at the festival. A number of people approached me.
For me the point of having the AxeFX is because I don't have to go out and buy all of those other amps and stuff to get 'my' tone. He's already got all of that stuff so he probably isn't tone searching anymore.

And judging by the comments of most everyone who loves his tone it works for him. I would be more shocked if he started using the amp models in the AxeFX than not to be honest. :mrgreen:

I can see your point but I think and I could be totally wrong on this, but if he is using the Axe as his main pice of gear I would think it would be for the simplicity, consistency of tone and ease of setup. Even if he was just using the Axe as a preamp and effects and running power amp and cab. He or the roadies would have a lot less to haul around and setup.

Back
Top Bottom