Two notes cab sims

mcgyver

Inspired
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has tried any of the Two notes units with an AXE FX 2 ?
Using their cab sims in place of the AXE FX 2 cab sims. I am mostly looking for live results with FRFR systems.

Thanks
Jamie

As I understood from Two notes manual, their cab sims have less resolution than Axe so they're less accurate. I think they're good for hardware units such as amps/preamps but not with Axe.

Borrow one and capture the IRs from it using the IR Capture utility.

Oh man, it never occurred to me to try this.

Am I correct in thinking if I grabs two notes CAB pedal I can do this for the modeled poweramp sections they have?

This would shut me up and I'm sure many other guys looking for a power amp only sim.

Am I correct in thinking if I grabs two notes CAB pedal I can do this for the modeled poweramp sections they have?

This would shut me up and I'm sure many other guys looking for a power amp only sim.

Good idea !!!!

I'm not trying to be dense, but what would the point of this be ?

The Axe II already does some excellent power map modeling, with way more parameters of control than any of the Two Notes Torpedo stuff does. Additionally, if your looking for more IR's, why spend all that money on a Two Notes Live unit (not that they are bad if you don't have any other hardware) when for $19 or $29 you could pick up a set of the amazing Ownhammer IR's and get plenty of extra sounds ?

Just seems all and all a bit silly to spend, what, $549 for a Two Notes unit, to run the Axe II into, for a very basic power amp simulation and some cab models.

Unless I'm totally missing something here....

I'm not trying to be dense, but what would the point of this be ?

The Axe II already does some excellent power map modeling, with way more parameters of control than any of the Two Notes Torpedo stuff does. Additionally, if your looking for more IR's, why spend all that money on a Two Notes Live unit (not that they are bad if you don't have any other hardware) when for $19 or $29 you could pick up a set of the amazing Ownhammer IR's and get plenty of extra sounds ?

Just seems all and all a bit silly to spend, what, $549 for a Two Notes unit, to run the Axe II into, for a very basic power amp simulation and some cab models.

Unless I'm totally missing something here....

The axe does NOT do power amp only tones, except for the tube preamp model.

The two notes does.

By tone matching the pedal we will have IRS that' are copies of the two notes poweramp only.

His allows guys with other preamps to use them with the axe without using a second piece of hardware such as the CAB.

I plan to do this as soon as I can afford to grab a CAB pedal.

This won't work properly for amp sims. IRs cannot capture anything that is non-linear, e.g. compression or distortion.

The axe does NOT do power amp only tones, except for the tube preamp model.

The two notes does.

By tone matching the pedal we will have IRS that' are copies of the two notes poweramp only.

His allows guys with other preamps to use them with the axe without using a second piece of hardware such as the CAB.

I plan to do this as soon as I can afford to grab a CAB pedal.

So if you didn't want to use the Axe II as a preamp, and wanted to hook up some different preamp to it, you'd then need to get a Torpedo in order to get power amp and IR, because the Axe power amp sim is linked with the overall amp sim block, correct ?

Guess that makes sense, but still seems like sort of a lot of extra expense to have to go spend another $549+ on a Torpedo to give you a power amp sim and some IR's. Then you'd no doubt be using a different preamp than the axe anyways, so I guess that would make the Axe serve as just an effects unit ?

I think Two notes less accurate because it has no horsepower compared to Axe. So its power amp simulation is simple too.

I use a Kingsley Squire tube preamp into a Torpedo CAB + Ownhammer IRs, and it sounds really amazing! The great thing is that everything is small enough to put on my pedalboard.

This won't work properly for amp sims. IRs cannot capture anything that is non-linear, e.g. compression or distortion.

I understand that but I've heard the cab and it sounds great even though it is much simpler than the axe. Still better for the guys who want to use preamps with the axe as we cannot right now. Something is better than nothing.

Edit: is see the two notes processing IS dynamic, now I agree this may be futile , but I may try anyway. If I don't like it maybe I'll just keep the CAB.

So if you didn't want to use the Axe II as a preamp, and wanted to hook up some different preamp to it, you'd then need to get a Torpedo in order to get power amp and IR, because the Axe power amp sim is linked with the overall amp sim block, correct ?

Guess that makes sense, but still seems like sort of a lot of extra expense to have to go spend another $549+ on a Torpedo to give you a power amp sim and some IR's. Then you'd no doubt be using a different preamp than the axe anyways, so I guess that would make the Axe serve as just an effects unit ?

Yes pretty much correct on all points.

Once I've made some tone matches I like I will return the CAB pedal before the 30 days so I'll spend nothing to increase my axe functionality.

Yes pretty much correct on all points.

Once I've made some tone matches I like I will return the CAB pedal before the 30 days so I'll spend nothing to increase my axe functionality.

Not to be judgmental, but that's a little like buying a prom dress, wearing it and returning it, isn't it? Don't you owe Two Notes a little something? IMO.

Not to be judgmental, but that's a little like buying a prom dress, wearing it and returning it, isn't it? Don't you owe Two Notes a little something? IMO.

Yes you are correct, it is immoral and unethical BUT I don't care .

I still have no problems with it, does fractal owe 150 amplifier companies money for their amp tones? Semantics.

Yes you are correct, it is immoral and unethical BUT I don't care .

I still have no problems with it, does fractal owe 150 amplifier companies money for their amp tones? Semantics.

Yeah--I guess the whole intellectual property rights thing is pretty blurred these days, especially in the music realm. I'd probably let you borrow my TN Cab and ToneMatch it and not think anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom