Two guitars through ultra simultaneously?

Mehnike

Hi guys. I've got a friend who I felt could use a boost as far as volume goes as he plays on a line 6 1x12 combo(sounds really small compared to my 4x12). Since we're playing together, I got the idea that we could both be plugging into my axe.

Is there a way to plug in both of our guitars into inputs 1 and 2, tell both inputs to go to their seperate lines on the grid so we can get some diversity in our tones, and then output to two seperate outputs? Then these two sepreate outputs will go to my carvin DCM1000 powering two 4x12's with each of our unqiue tones. So we'd basically have two independent rigs inside the axefx.

I think thats all the info I need to give but if you need more, please lemme know.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
It´s possible, Clawfinger does/did this if I recall right. I´m not sure but I think you have to use the FX-loop block to do this? And gotta keep all blocks pannings aside and be aware of which blocks got which inputs (L/R) selected. Probably more needed. Also be aware of that you will not have "independent" rigs as you will not be able to select different patches for each others. You´ll have to build your two rigs for each patch you´re going to use... which got its pro´s and con´s of course...

/mike

besides, once your buddy plays through an Axe he'll want one, no... need one all for himself. it's inevitable.

besides, once your buddy plays through an Axe he'll want one, no... need one all for himself. it's inevitable.

If your buddy shows up to your second jam session with the axe and he is brandishing a shovel...he has 'turned' and is no longer his former self...the magnetic lure of the axe fx is just too strong to contend with:)

I will hopefully be doing similar except both guitars will be me. I would think it wouldn't be necessary to use the FX loop? From what I can tell the axe has 2 line level inputs on the back. It should be easy to route one to one amp chain and the other to a second? Then add any stereo effects post amps. I will plug my JTV variax into a pod HD 500, route mags one side and models another. I can then come out of HD in line out and go into the line ins on the back of the axe. I get my ultra on wednesday and have been fooling around with the editor but can not figure out how to route the rear inputs to two discreet amp chains. May need to dig into manual.

Back
Top Bottom