two guitars, one axefx2

Crucified

Inspired
Can someone remind me how to make it so i can plug in a guitar on the front input and have it panned to one side, then have a second guitar plugged into input two on the back and have it panned the other side? I had a patch on my ultra like this i think and i really like it for scratch tracking live guitars in a room with a drummer.

For some reason I'm having a bit of trouble getting 2 guitars to work in my Axe 2. What I'd like to do is just plug a 2nd guitar into the rear input and have both guitars coming out of my 1 FRFR monitor (via xlr cable).

On my Ultra all I had to do was use an FX return block and connect it into the other signal chain before the amp, but that's not working on the Axe 2 for some reason. Input 2 is definitely getting a signal and input level is set right.

Thanks.

Sorry to derail this thread but after reading through the explanation and watching the video it got me thinking.

I'm assuming you can just as easily run a bass as the secondary instrument through the rear connection, but instead of panning the channels left and right and restricting each instrument to mono (which would be fine with the two guitar example), is there an alternate way of routing it so that you could have a guitar through the front input running stereo, then a bass operating off the rear jack exiting through a separate output so it could be fed to it's own cab or FOH.

To put it in perspective - i'm the only guitarist in my band so tend to play through 2 speaker cabinets. Would I be able to get the bassist in my group to go through the rear line in and then exit through output 2 or one of the rear XLR's and into the PA so he doesn't destroy my Orange 4x12's (and I still get stereo spread), or in this scenario is it just not possible?

Scoured the Wiki/ used my good friend search but couldn't really find an answer on this.

Would make for much lighter travel on the road in my situation but if it can't be done the functions of the Axe FX II are pretty damn good anyway!

Still (patiently) on the waiting list for the II here in Australia so I haven't got to toy around with one yet.

Would I be able to get the bassist in my group to go through the rear line in and then exit through output 2 or one of the rear XLR's and into the PA so he doesn't destroy my Orange 4x12's (and I still get stereo spread), or in this scenario is it just not possible?
Use the Effects Loop block to access Input 2 and Output 2. Connect them to the outside world any way you like.

The pleasure's mine. Enjoy!

And thumbs up to polsab for digging up that instructional video.

Back
Top Bottom