Twang/warmth/mids/sizzle/fuzz/hot virtual tubes! Some country-rock-stoner mid-gain. OH BOG

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
What is up my friends?
I like to do a lot of heavy music as some of you probably know.
Sometimes creating something like this is a good antidote to all the bone crushing!
Also, I don't see/hear clips often enough with warm and organic midrangey mid-gain type tones so this was a no brainer!
This clip is also a bit for yek because I know he is addicted to midrange!

The Ownhammer cabs I used are just PERFECT for warm midrangey type tones.
The intro and the left side have the Bogner 2x12 OS with V30's going on. (intro AC30, riff Atomica high)
The right side has the Bogner 4x12 with V30's going on. (JCM800).
For the leads I also used the 4x12 (SM box amp model with the PI fuzz at the end).

I'm definitely no country expert so it's probably not your traditional country.
There is some Aerosmith sauce in the first solo, gotta love Joe Perry!
Also the end seems a bit more stoner ish and the intro maybe a little bit Zep-ish?

I used my JTV-59 for all the tones.
I really hope you enjoy this one, if you have any questions just let me know and I'll answer them asap.

Thanks, Jon. :)

This ranks at the top of Guitarjon's demo's, IMO.
Regarding tone and composition.

a lot more country than you'd imagine....could totally work for Aldean, Cadillac Three, etc. Probably have to back off the gain a smudge but it's pretty close.

a lot more country than you'd imagine....could totally work for Aldean, Cadillac Three, etc. Probably have to back off the gain a smudge but it's pretty close.
Thanks man!
Going to check those clips out soon.
Just came home from Star Wars, still letting it sink in.... Too awesome!

Very cool Jon... and agree the style change... Love it !
First thing that struck me was the Ty Tabor/King's X vibe in the rhythm section just before and after the first solo section... very musical !
Love the shift in gears on this one Jon.

I love mid-gain sound clips and wish there were a lot more! Great production and kudos for matching up the amp models and OH IRs :) Just curious if you used the JTV-59 models for any of these tones or used the guitar's magnetic pickups?

Back
Top Bottom