TUTORIAL: Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

With an expression pedal in External 1 you can control the volume but the settings per scene aren´t saved correctly. After sending the sysx via Midi-Ox to the Axe Fx II it has 5 scenes of which only the 1st is has the correct blocks set. The other 4 all have all blocks activated so somehow the Axe Fx is not backing up or reloading it correctly.

Last edited:
I had the same issues - scene 1 works just fine, but it is like the others weren't copied. All blocks are on just like when you first start configuring scenes in a new patch. I would love to know which blocks are active or inactive in each of the scenes, did anyone ever get that straight?

Thanks a bunch, Cooper. This really is a great patch, you've nailed a very difficult song. Thank you for sharing what clearly was a great deal of hard work on your part and for all the work you put in with SAW, it's always enjoyable to watch.

When you talk about taking the 5 separate presets that you use to play live with the LCB and made it into 1 preset using 5 scenes, are you using the same amp & cab combination and just using different effect combinations per preset / scene?

When you talk about taking the 5 separate presets that you use to play live with the LCB and made it into 1 preset using 5 scenes, are you using the same amp & cab combination and just using different effect combinations per preset / scene?

Yep. Same amp/cab.

This was awesome - thanks Cooper!
I might have missed this in the vid, but how are you switching presets now? Scenes are 1-5, are you just using up and down? Or don't you really use presets anymore live?

This was awesome - thanks Cooper!
I might have missed this in the vid, but how are you switching presets now? Scenes are 1-5, are you just using up and down? Or don't you really use presets anymore live?

Just click off reveal and use 1-5 as normal preset access.

But yes, I don't really use more than 1 or 2 presets in a gig. Certainly never more than one during one song.

Is there any way to change patches without getting out of revel. I want to use say patch #1 scenes 1-5 for one song, patch#2 scenes 1-5 for the next song and say patch #45 scenes 1-5 and so on. Is there any way to scroll up n down in patches while your in scene's? This would be the S¥it if it can be done.

Are you using an MFC? Set the bank style to None and when you change banks to get to the 45 range, it won't switch presets until you hit the switch for #45.

Yes im using the mfc so banks set to none, am i in the scene mode, so if im using presets 1 ,7 42, 47, 86, 120. Would i be using the up,down banks?in the scene mode? Not getting it

you are ALWAYS in scene mode. you always load scene 1 in every preset. you can add switches to the MFC to select other scenes. there really is no "scene mode."

Oh, you are saying Reveal.... Didn't know what "revel" meant. Yes, Reveal mode will replace any Preset switches with IA switches you may have set to select scenes.

To change presets, you need to get out of Reveal mode on the MFC to show the Preset switches again.

Why don't you just make your Scene IA switches on the row above, then you'll have both Scene and Preset switches available.

Many ways to do this. You just have to choose.

Back
Top Bottom