TUTORIAL: Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Arguably the biggest change FW 9 brings to the Axe-Fx II is the robust Scenes feature.

Setting up Scenes with the MFC-101 is straightforward and intuitive, and taking a few minutes to do so will ensure you get the most out of this game-changing feature.

Allow me to show you how...

Metropolis Patch
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Metropolis - by CCRoyalSenders

Last edited by a moderator:
must watch...brilliant youtube...any questions go here first easily explained...

brilliant thanks for all your work...

good luck with the upcoming gigs...

c

Thank you for the video.
Is that Metropolis preset on AxeExchange ? Awesome !
Thank you

Cory, thanks. Very helpful, as always. Question: Does the way you set it up co-exist with the native looper function?

Thanks for doing that video!

Can the Scenes be named on the MFC?
i.e. when you press Scene1 it shows "SCENE1" on the display. Can it be changed to show "LEAD" or whatever you want?

Great stuff.... Thanks for taking the time to create and post this for all.

I think a sticky is in order for you yet again ;)

holy crap!!!
I wasn't even going to look at scenes for a while and thanks to this video I am now all set to go and have saved a couple of scenes on my HBE patches.
Cory thanks so much , you da man!
now post that metropolos patch I've got my RCF all dialed in ready for it :)

Nice work, Cooper. Somehow seeing it in action looks easier than trying to digest it in print. Looks like it is just best to dial up a preset and start playing with it.

From what I could see there on your effects, it appears you can still engage them manually within a patch/scene if you'd like, and have the scene back as it was once you move away from it (provided you don't save it in that altered state). I am also very impressed with the "Out" page and all of that volume control. The former way of having to program in separate boosts or filters won't be necessary if you are using the scenes this way. What an addition!

HUGE help, buddy. Thanks a lot.

Great Video! I notice there is a small amount of latency (in your video) after hitting the switch untill it changes the bypass state of that scene. This is most noticeable when your randomly hitting the buttons very quickly after each other. I'm still on 9.0 public beta and use the preset mapping to change scenes and don't notice any latency when switching between scenes (Ground Control Pro). Is this a possible MFC issue or something else?

Great to the point video and thank you for sharing. Time has been tight and probably would not have tried this right away without seeing how easy the setup is!

Back
Top Bottom