Turning a Crybaby into an expression pedal - Problems

maple syrup, brown sugar, I love those things mmmm! As soon as I finish building these kits, I'm on may way over to Costco :D

Warrior said:
dk_ace said:
I'm not saying you guys shouldn't buy some sort of kit if that's what you want, but this project cost $3 and 20 minutes of your time. Do you really need a kit to do that?

Mine took an hour because I had to figure out how to make it work, but now that I figured it out and posted it, all you need to do is copy it. Buy a kit if you want, but I don't see how it's necessary.

I've used the modded crybaby now at least two gigs a week (usually 3-4) since this was originally posted, and it's worked flawlessly.

D

For some it makes what seemed to be an impossible task, possible. Like drywall. Some people wouldn't have the slightest idea how to reapair a hole in their wall while others could drywall, tape and mud a room in a day.

For others, it makes it very convenient and a joy instead of a hastle because you perhaps don't have the time to gather up the parts or think it through. Ever buy instant oatmeal in packages that have the oats, brown sugar and maple already to mix with water and eat? Why not gather all the ingredients and mix it yourself for a fraction of the cost? Convenience.

To each their own, but this project requires exactly one part that costs $3 and is readily available at your local RadioShack. If that is too inconvenient to gather or seems impossible to you, then you should probably send your money to someone for a "kit."

D

Now "D", you yourself bought a Dremel to do yours didn't you? ;)

I went the Dremel route with a cheap dremel from Harbour Freight and found that I needed better one, like your suggestion. So I bought one and was ready to grind away. But then I read James post and decided to take advantage of his offer and now I'm good to go. And it was very cost effective as well.

Also, as a bonus, he included the gear that I need for the pot. My original Crybaby gear was too big for the Radio Shack pot shaft so I would have had to figure out a way to afix it to the shaft.

Like I said, the little bit of extra cost over doing it all myslef was well worth it. let me have more time spend playing the Axe FX! :)

I bought a dremel because I had about 8 projects lined up that needed it. I had been forgetting to pick one up for about a month when I finally got the thing (and it was one of the best purchases I ever made :D ).

Like I said, to each their own. If you think it's worth the cash, then by all means go for it. I personally would find it more inconvenient to wait for it to be delivered than to DIY.

D

dk_ace said:
I bought a dremel because I had about 8 projects lined up that needed it. I had been forgetting to pick one up for about a month when I finally got the thing (and it was one of the best purchases I ever made :D ).

D

I hear ya man. I bought a nice one but didn't open it and ended up taking it back. I was trying to make reasons to keep it. Now I'm on the look out for some reasons and the first time I need one I'm going to go back and get that bugger! :mrgreen:

Reasons...
- Frets need polishing
- Need to engrave license number on back of valuable goods (inc AxeFx)
- Because the hardware store does a BBQ and it's lunchtime
- A man needs power tools (insert best Tim Taylor noise)
- DIY dental work* (there's a recession on you knnow!)

Chris

* This one I was joking about! Dremel use does serve as a reminder though if you're overdue for a visit!

Back
Top Bottom