Turned Motor Drive to zero and AIR to 100%...anyone do this?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
My rig is listed in my signature. Use real cabinet onstage and then also run FOH with cab sim for that part. Use 1 cab sim for all patches to keep it simple. Never messed with things in cab block much, but was curious if anyone else has done what I did in header with favorable results? I don't have Mains at home, so just running my headphones and like what I hear.

100% has always been too much for my tastes. Sometimes I'll use a little if the IR is lacking in the highs, but a little goes a long way in my experience. Maybe the IR you use is a bit dull on top?

I believe Air mixes in some of the unprocessed signal from the input of the Cab block, so it adds a lot of upper harmonics directly from the amp block. It's usually a bit too harsh for my tastes, but it depends on the amp block settings, your preferences, and mix needs.

100% has always been too much for my tastes. Sometimes I'll use a little if the IR is lacking in the highs, but a little goes a long way in my experience. Maybe the IR you use is a bit dull on top?
So what % do you run it at?

i never mess with this parameter what does it do? do you need to increase motor drive to hear it?

sounds like you're trying to compensate for a dull sounding cab by removing bass (depth) and adding sizzle (air)

might sound ok through your real cab, but i'd be surprised if it doesn't sound thin at FOH

might be worth using the global eq to cut 120hz and add 6k and above on the outs that go to the cab and leaving the global eq for the foh outs flat?

just a suggestion, obviously i haven't heard it

EDIT - just saw you were turning down motor drive, not depth. apologies.

Last edited:
I sometimes use Air set between 15 and 25%, but as said @simeon, i agree that if you need to set it to 100% there's a problem with your cab/ir

Back
Top Bottom