Tube Power Amp with AXE FX III Fryette G2902s or G2502s

I think I have it acceptable now. I set my preset so output 3 block meter is right below and not going above 0db. Early on that was really low.

One thing I found on this Fryette is that when I have it on Standby, if the volume is up at all on channel A, I can hear a faint signal coming through the cab. I have never experienced this with any other tube amp that I have ever had. I have heard things about the Fortin Sigil where I thought it had that characteristic. So that concerns me a bit. Standby means no signal going through in my opinion. However, I will have to take that over to the Fryette forum for further investigation.

Just curious, all the have posted in this thread, if anyone else experiences that with their 290 or 250 Fryette? It happens when the axe output 3 is left up at normal playing level and the Fryette is put on standby. I think it happens on both channels A and B but not sure. Have to check again tomorrow.

Ears are a little muffle from sitting in front of 2 412 cabs in stereo with an Engl Savage amp block all night. The power amp definitely delivers! All chug tonight but tomorrow on to dialing up some ambient cleans. Thanks again everyone!
Just an update on the 2/90/2 standby subject that posted earlier. From JohnTheConqueroo in Fryette forum.

Unlikely that there is anything to worry about. The power tubes are off but the preamp and phase inverter are still operating. You’re just hearing a faint amount of signal generated by the low level stages. No chance of damaging anything.

Back
Top Bottom