TSO sounded Fractalicious

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
Saw TSO in Denver last week. The guitars with the AxeFx III we’re amazing.

Angus Clarke and Ai Pitrelli have definitely fallen in love with edge of breakup stuff on the AxeFx. First time I’ve ever heard those tones at a TSO concert.

Of course their high gains and chuggas were better than ever.

First time I’ve ever heard Asha’s violin as prominent as the guitars. Wonder if she’s using Fractal Audio as well.

Saw TSO in Denver last week. The guitars with the AxeFx III we’re amazing.

Angus Clarke and Ai Pitrelli have definitely fallen in love with edge of breakup stuff on the AxeFx. First time I’ve ever heard those tones at a TSO concert.

Of course their high gains and chuggas were better than ever.

First time I’ve ever heard Asha’s violin as prominent as the guitars. Wonder if she’s using Fractal Audio as well.
Saw them in Council Bluffs, IA a couple of weeks ago (first show of the tour). We had front row seats and Al was using a Kemper floor unit. Does he sometimes use an Axe III?

Wow! They really did a number in Knoxville tonight! Not my first time seeing them, but it still impresses. Hoekstra and Caffery are indeed the "real deal".

The Phoenix show was incredible. The tones were great, stellar playing, and a nice separation between instruments in the mix. The staging, Pyro, and lasers takes your favorite arena show from the 80s to the N th degree. Really well worth the experience as it was a lot of fun.

Mix was fantastic this year. First time I’ve seen them without a front of house mixing board. Mixes have improved so much in arenas since acts have gone to remote, multi point mixing with iPads.

Loud too. First truly loud concert I’ve been to since lawsuits have pussified rock concerts.

Yeah, really glad I had earplugs with me. I'm not a fan of FOH mixers exceeding 92 dB SPL at the 200 level directly opposite the stage. It's stupid and it hurts people in the long run.

You should go to a Joe Bonamassa concert then! :guitar: :loudspeaker:

Or Vai. I cannot believe how loud Vai is, but out of hundreds of concerts, mostly metal shows, the last two Vai shows were the loudest I’ve been to. The first one was uncomfortable and I started bringing earplugs to shows after, the last one was just right. It was loud as hell, but crystal clear and sounded so damn good. I don’t know if he was traveling with his own PA, but man, they had that room tuned in so well.

I don’t mind extremely loud shows as long as they sound good. A quieter show with piercing highs is far worse to me than a loud show with a well balanced mix. And I HATE shows that are too quiet; Tool at Boston Calling a few years ago was horrible, the crowd was chanting “TURN IT UP!” the whole time and Alice In Chains at the Hard Rock in Hollywood was a waste of money, you could hear every conversation around you, at regular speaking volume, over the band.

Rock and roll should be felt as well as heard.

By far the loudest concert I’ve ever been to was Oingo Boingo in Boston, early 80’s.
Insanely loud. Was blurring my vision.
Had a high c# ringing in my ears for days.

My 2 college buddies that went with me had the same note ringing. Weird.

If you can't feel rock and roll at 92 dB SPL, then you need to visit a neurologist as well as an audiologist in my experience. Suspended array PAs move some air at that volume.

Protect your ears fellas. Plug up at any concert over 92dBs . . . hearing aids await those that don't. I wish I could go back in time and smack my younger self to avoid the hearing issues that I have today. Mostly deaf on the left side with insanity inducing tinnititus on the right - and it's mostly the fault of a Marshall Major (and a bit of gunfire). I carry plugs pretty much everywhere now just in case.

Back
Top Bottom