TS-10 Pedal for Axe 3

I know this is a branch to the discussion but, I used to run a Engl e670 Special Edition with the TS10 and for some reason the magic of the TS10 made things more staccato sound. I guess I am trying to re create that environment with my Axe 3 and TS10

The Angle Severe 2 not quite the tone of the Engl e670 I am trying to bring in the more luxurious tone I used to get I know this sounds very open ended but its hard to explain, if this makes any sense...
Yes, this makes complete sense. I know I wrote too much, but what are your preferred setting for the TS-10? To me the VS-9 model is an exact match, but you need to reduce the tone and level controls a little around the mid settings in the Fractal model. I'm not familiar with Engl amps, but it seems to me the adjustments will need to be in the Amp block rather than the Drive.
Another test Drive I used to do is Marshall JCM900 with Soldano Hotmod in pre Amp with Ibanez TS10 its was pretty great even if the JCM 900 wasn't...
The JCM 900 series was never completely terrible. Almost all Marshalls are improved by a TS-10. It means you can reduce the "mid" tone control enough to make treble and bass effective again!

Liam

Exactly this. Nobody wanted a TS10 before that.
I did! I think I still have 4 of them currently. Back in the mid to late 90's I used to pick them up for next to nothing whenever I saw them, and I gave quite a few away to band mates and guitar playing friends, with or without the mods I thought they needed. Not sure SRV made them famous, he was better known for TS-808 and TS-8. We used to modify TS-9 and TS-10 to exactly replicate the earlier circuits back in the day. I have to wonder why, as there was so little difference. Just looking for snake-oil I guess.

If anyone increased the value of my little collection, it was John Mayer. They worked well for me a long time before I found out he used them, or even that he existed.

Liam

I also read somewhere that the TS10 bias is slightly different than the other variants. So for my John Mayer presets I’ve been setting the bias around .30 or so. Does it make a difference?🤷🏻‍♂️

I've experimented a lot with this over the last few days. If there's a difference in bias setting that takes the VS-9 model closer to a TS-10, I'm really not sure I can hear it, even in a direct AB test. The only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a Stratocaster out to try it with. I'm not holding out with a great deal of expectation.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom