Trying to cancel Sirius/XM

It came with our Kia, and I immediately didn’t like it.

Sirius came out at the worst time for their business, because soon afterwards the cell phone and cellular companies hit back with the ability to stream, store music, and access the internet from almost anywhere we can get a signal, and we weren’t restricted to the limited Sirius playlists.

We travel quite a bit, but I have over 29K songs and 3K+ albums, plus everything in Apple’s catalog, and I download the maps for everywhere we’re going, and my phone gives me road conditions, so, while Sirius lets me do that when I’m occasionally way out in the boondocks where there is no cellular, 99% of the time they offer me nothing I can’t do better on my phone.

I wrote Sirius and told them that they need to up their game or seriously reduce their prices, but that hasn’t happened, so they no longer have me as a customer.

They were too late to the market with too little to offer for too much. And, yes, their customer service sucks.

Saw the title and immediately had flashbacks of canceling Vonage (a VOIP service) about fifteen years ago. Back then you could actually speak to a living being and the one I was speaking to was probably halfway around the world. I just remember really wanting to reach through the phone to strangle him. I took probably 15-20 minutes to finally get the service canceled.

Yup, par for the course with how it went when I tried to cancel. I ended up having to call. I was nice but eventually had to get pissed just so I could get off the phone and get the cancellation done.

Been through this. Their stream quality is so substandard as to be laughable. I'll never use it again, even if it's free. There are so many better options. And this was exactly my cancellation experience. I still get random calls from them, "We want you back, here's 6 months free". No thanks.

Try Comcast, Amazon, et al lol 😂

I’m with Ian… Cut the funds!
It's been over 10 years and I still won't use CenturyLink for internet. I tried to cancel my service and I was put into a queue that played extremely (painfully) loud white noise every 30 to 60 seconds. This went on for 45 minutes before I finally spoke to someone who agreed to disconnect my internet service. What a nightmare that was...

Now they (Sirius XM) are hitting me up for $4 a month for both my cars. Temping, but the wrestling match to get them to cancel is not worth it.

I got so tired of dealing with Sirius' bullshit I went to the bank and got a new debit card. After they found they could no longer continue to charge me those ridiculous monthly charges they began their campaign of endless letters offering a very low introductory price if I would sign a long term contract. So it's been well over a year and I'm still receiving letters (junk mail) from them. Needless to say it all ends up in the circular file after shredding.

I paid for the lifetime membership when Sirius first came out. Can’t remember the year but it was around $500. Still listen quite a bit (Octane, Liquid Metal, Stern, etc.). Definitely got my money’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom