Trying to cancel Sirius/XM

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Go to website. Select subscription. Select cancel subscription.
"We've encountered a technical difficulty. Don't worry, it's us, not you. Please try again later."

Wait a minute. Repeat above.
"We've encountered a technical difficulty. Don't worry, it's us, not you. Please try again later."

Wait a minute. Repeat.
"Please select a reason for canceling".
- No longer own car.
"404 Error".

Wait a minute. Repeat.
"Please select a reason for canceling".
- No longer own car.
- Submit
"You will need to chat with a representative to complete the cancelation."
- Chat with representative
"Chat is closed. Chat hours are 8am - 11pm EST." (The time is around 1:00 pm)

Try again.
Finally get a rep.
"Please cancel subscription".
"Are you sure?"
"I know longer own the car, why wouldn't I want to cancel?"
"You can get the streaming app. Only $4.99/mo plus taxes and fees."
"No thanks, please cancel."
"Are you sure? What if I offer you..."
"Please cancel the f*cking plan before I reach through the monitor and pull your balls off."
"Okay, but before you go..."
"Arrrrrggggggghhhhhh"

Do they really expect us to believe that all these "errors" are not intentional?

I've noticed you sound even mildly upset with any phone rep, the rep will go passive aggressive and eventually just hang up.

Sirius may be among the worst, but I'm hard pressed to find any good subscription based companies. Try to cancel a gym membership. :mad::D

Seems intentional, but just wait six months. Your only option for any kind of customer service contact will soon be to chat with an AI bot.
I mean.... with the education system the way it is all across the world, that is pretty much what you're getting when you talk to a 19 year old in his first ever customer service role! The stripper pole isn't an option for him!!

Ah, retention. Hate those f***ers.

Not doing any more subscription services with contract terms again after the Viasat internet nightmare. Term contracts are basically an admission of poor quality service that they have to lock you into....

Or when you try to cancel your gym membership...
:rolleyes: Tell me about it. I had a membership for one of those hole in the wall gyms for convenience...you know, the kind with no showers where your membership card is also a key card and half the time, there aren't any employees in the building.

Couldn't cancel by phone. Just not possible. Finally, I buttonholed the caretaker and told him that he wasn't getting any other work done, or leaving the building for that matter, until I had hardcopy showing that the membership was cancelled. Luckily, he was pretty easygoing about it and after about half an hour of his time on the phone, he got it done.

I use unique credit card numbers through https://privacy.com/ for many things now and especially if I think they're going to be a PIA to cancel. If they give me any trouble I turn off the card in https://privacy.com/

Full disclosure: privacy.com is built on top of marqeta.com of which I am a shareholder and former employee.
I ran into an issue with this when the vendor kept accruing charges to my account (even when payment was declined) and was sent to collections, and ended up with a subsequent ding in my credit score.

Last edited:
My exact experiences with SiriusXM; in addition to a duplicate account created without my knowledge which made the experiences even harder to manage and communicate.

I let mine go on both cars a while back. They re-up it for 3 months free every time I get an oil change, then mail/email me for the next year. They could give me the service for free, stop wasting paper and postage, and come out ahead.

If it didn’t involve a credit card and auto-renewing subscription just to buy the service, I’d give them the $60 bucks a year ”discount” price… I like the variety. But if you’re not watching like a hawk, they’ll renew you at the “normal subscription price” (a 400+% increase when last I looked) if you don’t call to cancel, and then turn around and offer the same price as last year to keep your business. Why make your customers go through that?

It’s an odd business model, for certain. I wonder how many people just auto-renew and pay the jacked up price without ever paying attention to the screwing they’re getting. The answer must be ‘a lot.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom