Trying some Marshall Stuff

I've been trying to introduce some Marshall sounds for my live stuff.. This is 2 tracks (left and right) of JCM 800 rhythm and two JCM 800 leads tracks. The first lead sound is a neck strat PU the last little tag is a bridge strat PU.

All fills and tremolo stuff is tweed amps blasted through open back cabs.

All FX's from the AXE.

PS: There is NO redeeming compositional content here...just wanking to get used to Marshall sounds. The low-fi setting sounds downright bad please listen hi-fi!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7297785

Joseph Hanna said:
JCM 800 leads ..... The first lead sound is a neck strat PU

Sounds great. What amp settings did you use to get that lead sound in the neck PU? I've been trying to find a lead setting for my strat neck without much success an yours about nailed it.

Great use of the tremelo there, a bit subtle and perfect. I seem to always put it to "in your face" but didn't realize it until listening to this . nice job.

3 Chord Rock said:
[quote="Joseph Hanna":1dzuogso]JCM 800 leads ..... The first lead sound is a neck strat PU

Sounds great. What amp settings did you use to get that lead sound in the neck PU? I've been trying to find a lead setting for my strat neck without much success an yours about nailed it.[/quote:1dzuogso]

Thanks for all the compliments!

I'm not sure exactly what amp settings I used except to say it's a JCM 800 starting with everything at 12:00. I roll off low end both in the amps advanced parameters Hi-Pass at 120 and again with a filter as the last block. Anything under 65 hrtz is taking up space and energy that is needless when a kick drum and or bass guitar is present and depending on the mix sometimes much higher. Mid obviously boosted a bit more and a Tube Driver at the front end. The Tube Driver is for "tone" only.... not used for much added drive.

Back
Top Bottom