Trying not to pull my hair out

Hello all,

Complete noob here so please bear with me. Just received an EV-1 and am trying to calibrate it as a wah. I have an FC-12 but after an hour of beating my head against the wall trying to set it up that way, I figured I'd try to connect the pedal directly to the unit. I think I followed the steps in the manual but all I get is a sound like the wah is in the up position and nothing happens when I move the pedal. I like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent guy but I just can't figure it out. It can't be this hard so I must be missing something. Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Scott

First: are you certain you're using a TRS cable? Needs to look like this at both ends:

View attachment 77081

A lot of trouble starts from people using a TR cable that doesn't have three conductors in it.
I totally made this mistake before :tearsofjoy:. I was SO pissed. Hopefully, this helps OP. I'm not sure who helped me on my go around. But thank you iaresee and all the other helpful people on this forum!

Hello all,

Complete noob here so please bear with me. Just received an EV-1 and am trying to calibrate it as a wah. I have an FC-12 but after an hour of beating my head against the wall trying to set it up that way, I figured I'd try to connect the pedal directly to the unit. I think I followed the steps in the manual but all I get is a sound like the wah is in the up position and nothing happens when I move the pedal. I like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent guy but I just can't figure it out. It can't be this hard so I must be missing something. Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Scott
when connected to the FC, did you select it properly in the unit?

Have assigned the sweep of the wah to a modifier?

When you assign the modifier for the wah, you'll have a menu of stuff to assign it to, make sure you assign it to whichever FC pedal slot you have your EV-1 plugged into.

Please look at the 1000s of tutorials that run through this in video. It will catch all these things that you have asked about.

Was just checking out that very video. I get to the calibration part. I press the pedal down and it takes me back to the FC Controllers screen. I rock the pedal back to the toe up position and the tuner comes up. Absolutely no idea what's going on...

I got an FC-12 and my EV1 at the same time, and used the EV1 exclusively with the FC for probably a 8-9 months. One day I decided to plug the EV1 directly into the Axe and couldn't get the sweep to calibrate correctly. Tried everything - different cables, different expression pedals, same result. Posted in the forums. Felt like a moron. Everything should just work, right? I finally contacted Fractal support and they walked me through a couple of tests, then said, "OK, ship your Axe in and we'll check it out." It was a daughter board. Got the unit back and everything worked as expected.

This is a long way of saying that the default assumption in the forums is PEBFUAC*, and that's generally true. But if you try everything suggested here and it still doesn't work, don't hesitate to contact Fractal support. Sometimes hardware fails, too.

*Problem exists between fractal unit and chair

w
Not sure - how does one do that?
when you connect an expression pedal, you have to go into other controllers menu on the Axe and select the port it's connected to to calibrate it etc. Then when assigning you have to choose that part for the controller, for instance FC Pedal 1.

Back
Top Bottom