Truly impressed!

I bought the AX8 a month ago and have been blown away. I had two friends check it out and one has already gotten one and the other is fixing to. It's truly amazing what you can do and get out of such a small device. I thought I would miss a real amp, but that is not the case at all. Thank you Fractal for making such an awesome product!

I bought the AX8 a month ago and have been blown away. I had two friends check it out and one has already gotten one and the other is fixing to. It's truly amazing what you can do and get out of such a small device. I thought I would miss a conventional/old fashioned amp, but that is not the case at all. Thank you Fractal for making such an awesome product!
Fixed (since the Axe FX and Ax8 are real amps.

The problem is that I use to GAS about amps and pedals.

Now that I have an AX8 I GAS about guitars and they take more space in my room :)

10 years in and I'm still satisfied!

I still don't really miss a tube amp... but now and then I go to the closest GC and play through one for a while then pick it up and remember why I don't miss it :D

It's funny how accustomed we get to the modelers. When I'm at GC I have no idea what the hell to plug into because the amps are limited and LOUD. Usually I find the Fender Bassbreaker as it's a cool little amp that has usable volume.

When I get tired of playing with options I have a little Blackstar Fly practice amp. Clean and OD switch, volume gain and tone, and delay. Helps to simplify sometimes.

It's funny how accustomed we get to the modelers. When I'm at GC I have no idea what the hell to plug into because the amps are limited and LOUD. Usually I find the Fender Bassbreaker as it's a cool little amp that has usable volume.

When I get tired of playing with options I have a little Blackstar Fly practice amp. Clean and OD switch, volume gain and tone, and delay. Helps to simplify sometimes.

Ha, I know what you mean! I usually just stick to amps I really know, grab a semi decent guitar and go.

Now that they carry the Friedman Runt amps I will B line for those as they sound the best out of most everything they have on the floor.

10 years in and I'm still satisfied!

I still don't really miss a tube amp... but now and then I go to the closest GC and play through one for a while then pick it up and remember why I don't miss it :D

I recently moved and for the first time in many years had to pickup and carry down a flight of stairs my Fender Twin Reverb. Holy moly, had forgotten just how much it weighs. Would never sell it as I've had it from new since 1977.
But these days would much sooner use my Axe-Fx II or AX8 rigs as its much easier on my back.

I recently moved and for the first time in many years had to pickup and carry down a flight of stairs my Fender Twin Reverb. Holy moly, had forgotten just how much it weighs. Would never sell it as I've had it from new since 1977.
But these days would much sooner use my Axe-Fx II or AX8 rigs as its much easier on my back.

I wouldn't sell it either if you have had it that long, too much sentimental value for sure. For a while my Axe II rig was almost just as heavy as a tube amp and thats what convinced me to move to the AX8, much happier with this rig just as versatile and quite a bit lighter.

Back
Top Bottom