Trouble powering on the Axe-FX II

Aceshighhhh

Inspired
Sometimes when attempting to power on the Axe, all of the input and status lights stay on and the screen just freezes in a blank state. A reboot usually fixes this but I was wondering if this is normal?:?

Sometimes when attempting to power on the Axe, all of the input and status lights stay on and the screen just freezes in a blank state. A reboot usually fixes this but I was wondering if this is normal?:?

Just received mine today and had the exact same problem. First power cycle did *not* clear the issue, but I powered-off, unplugged everything, then recycled and it was OK. Instead of each of us contacting support, perhaps you can share what they suggest?

thx

Boogie

There is a known anomaly in the DSPs that can cause the processor to fail to boot occasionally. Turn the power off and back on.

Hi,

First post here, I'm in the G66 waiting list since November 2010, so I can't check that out until I receive the unit. The thing is, if that is an anomaly, it should be fixed right? If not, it wouldn't be an anomaly. I hope not to be powering on/off the unit occasionally for this.

Regards from Spain.

I think he's insinuating that the DSP's are at fault. If it is a known issue, he probably noticed it, contacted the manufacturer, and it's a "known issue." If it's on and working it won't happen, not a dealbreaker imo...

You are going to have to explain that logic...

Hi Zero, this is not my mother tongue and maybe I didn't choose the right words. Let me put what I wanted to say into the following example: you buy a premium car, but there is a possibility that when you turn it on, it won't start. Maybe you don't see that as a problem, like teddis, who said: "Yeah, sounds like once the DSP's have booted, good to go." But I would take it to them to have it fixed, because that is an anomaly: an unexpected and incorrect behavior of something.

I hope I explained myself better this time.

Talking about this issue, I hope there is some kind of easy fix to it.

Cheers.

Hi Zero, this is not my mother tongue and maybe I didn't choose the right words. Let me put what I wanted to say into the following example: you buy a premium car, but there is a possibility that when you turn it on, it won't start. Maybe you don't see that as a problem, like teddis, who said: "Yeah, sounds like once the DSP's have booted, good to go." But I would take it to them to have it fixed, because that is an anomaly: an unexpected and incorrect behavior of something.

I hope I explained myself better this time.

Talking about this issue, I hope there is some kind of easy fix to it.

Cheers.

In other words, what NeoSound wondered

Is there a fix in the works?

:p

Does this happen to the G1 as well, or is it more of a synching problem (eg) between the 2 DSPs of the II that is more likely to happen?

If it's G1 as well, it doubles your chances in the II, I guess.

I've had the ultra since October 10 and only had one crash when using axe edit, I'm sure it was an axe edit issue. Seems to be a G2 bug that needs worked out?

As long as it's not a time-space continuum end of the universe Star Trek type of "anomaly", it's not a big deal to flip the switch again.

Well, I've seen this too now. The backlight came on but nothing on the screen. I powered off and back on and it worked the next time- I hope this isn't something that gets worse over time.

Agree, with the worried; The last thing we want in a multithousand dollar piece of very complex equipment is a bug, ESPECIALLY if there is a chance that bug can multiply and or lay the foundation for future offspring, as one fills the computer with more data, patches, and complexities eg. through midi, and edit etc. Shall we assume this is not possible if its either an on or off issue?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the DSP doesn't boot properly, that is a hardware anomaly and shouldn't have any affect on the firmware at all. The DSP chip simply hasn't started up right which means nothing has been processed.

There *MAY* be a fix in the works at Analog Devices, but it would require a hardware swap in order to fix *YOUR* unit. Just power-cycle your Axe and you should be all set. This shouldn't get any worse since it's inherent to the chip itself and *NOT* the software in the Axe-Fx.

Back
Top Bottom