Triptik - Clean and Classic. Youtube vid with Strat

Thanks for this vid Burgs. This is a good one! I downloaded, and my strat and I are going to do some playing with this! I heard some tones in hear I have been looking for and trying to nail, so you just gave me a nice gift.

Happy to be of service! Just remember that I calibrated these with the Atomic CLR at battle volume so you may need to tweak them if you're playing at safer levels (I'm a little insane, many think). :)

Nice Burgs, really well done. Always love the patches you come up with. Nice alternatives to the heavy stuff. This one sounds pretty good on my 60's reissue American Strat with custom shop Fat 50's pups. But.....the pups on your Strat sound amazing! Think I'm gonna have to investigate those.

Sounds great as always Brett- really like that Strat. I'll try your patch w/ my main Strat (LsL CSV Saticoy) when I get a chance. This is very similar to my main patch for playing in a live setting, although I still use a few outboard pedals in front of the Axe. Meat and potatoes...

Thanks for taking the time to make the patch and post your video. I've watched it several times enjoying your excellent playing and the tone. I downloaded the patch last night and played for an hour with it, ate it up. Thank you for sharing.

I've been playing my AFXII through either my Yamaha HS8's or a Matrix GT1000 to different cabs. I've been wanting to get an FRFR solution and have gone back and forth between what to get. Knowing that you made the patch using an Atomic CLR has convinced me that's the route I'll take. I was amazed how well the tone from your patch translated to my monitors. I'm going to pull the trigger today. I'm now also gassing for a strat!

Awesome! Just needed minor tweaking for my Strat - darker sounding pickups. It just brings the guitar to life!

i'm still on 17, so i can't ry the patch, but i had a go with the triptik clean last night and couldn't' get it to sound as good as this. either i'm not dialling it in right, ot the 18 version is very differennt' i'll try the patch once i've updated and have a look.

btw - Burgs - as you have a switch on the mission turning the wah on and off, you could use auto engage for the rotary, if the switch you use for the wah is also tied to rotary mix (so it sets it to zero). that would free up a switch for you.

Fantastic video - watched it like 3 times! quick question for anyone that has already downloaded and used the preset (still at work and gassin hard to try it out) does this translate well on your systems at home or in the studio?? or is this one of those typical presets that sound great only on the creators end? it just sounds so awesome that i don't want to get all excited and come home, download it and it will sound like crap. I have an American Deluxe Strat w vintage pickups going into the Axe which is connected to a Fireface UFX and listening on Adam A7X monitors... Hit me up if you have USED this patch thanks!

Fantastic video - watched it like 3 times! quick question for anyone that has already downloaded and used the preset (still at work and gassin hard to try it out) does this translate well on your systems at home or in the studio?? or is this one of those typical presets that sound great only on the creators end? it just sounds so awesome that i don't want to get all excited and come home, download it and it will sound like crap. I have an American Deluxe Strat w vintage pickups going into the Axe which is connected to a Fireface UFX and listening on Adam A7X monitors... Hit me up if you have USED this patch thanks!

I waited all day to get home from work to play this preset and then some and it was well worth the wait! I was playing in an untreated room (for now) through Yamaha HS8's. Used a Tom Anderson Cobra w/vintage voiced humbuckers that I can switch series/parallel. It sounded good in every position. I don't own a single coil guitar right now so I can't give you feedback there, but based on how good it translated to my system, and using a guitar with humbuckers, I'm sure it'll sound great and translate very nicely through your rig. I spent most of an hour using scenes 1-3. Really, it sounds phenomenal. Can't wait to go home and play on this one some more. Hope this helps.

I waited all day to get home from work to play this preset and then some and it was well worth the wait! I was playing in an untreated room (for now) through Yamaha HS8's. Used a Tom Anderson Cobra w/vintage voiced humbuckers that I can switch series/parallel. It sounded good in every position. I don't own a single coil guitar right now so I can't give you feedback there, but based on how good it translated to my system, and using a guitar with humbuckers, I'm sure it'll sound great and translate very nicely through your rig. I spent most of an hour using scenes 1-3. Really, it sounds phenomenal. Can't wait to go home and play on this one some more. Hope this helps.

Brandon my good man! thanks so much!! now i am stoked to get home and play!!

i'm still on 17, so i can't ry the patch, but i had a go with the triptik clean last night and couldn't' get it to sound as good as this. either i'm not dialling it in right, ot the 18 version is very differennt' i'll try the patch once i've updated and have a look.

btw - Burgs - as you have a switch on the mission turning the wah on and off, you could use auto engage for the rotary, if the switch you use for the wah is also tied to rotary mix (so it sets it to zero). that would free up a switch for you.

Thanks for the auto engage tip, I'll give that a shot. You always have the great ideas and I'm very grateful.

I think that 18 is a marked improvement on the 17 sounds, at least for me. Also, my combination of guitar (super resonant and light), pickups (A2 medium output) and plugs over the Pro Tools input strip and master fader (CLA Guitars set totally flat on the former and L3-16 also set totally flat on the latter) will have an influence too. I use the plugs to get the master to convey to the listener the SPL that I feel in the room. I've done this for 5 years with exactly the same plugs and settings and I think it's a key to my small success as most report an uncanny accuracy if they decide to try for themselves whatever it is I'm demoing. But, really, the improvement that 18 offers is pretty significant. Thanks again for your valuable support and help. :)

Thanks for taking the time to make the patch and post your video. I've watched it several times enjoying your excellent playing and the tone. I downloaded the patch last night and played for an hour with it, ate it up. Thank you for sharing.

I've been playing my AFXII through either my Yamaha HS8's or a Matrix GT1000 to different cabs. I've been wanting to get an FRFR solution and have gone back and forth between what to get. Knowing that you made the patch using an Atomic CLR has convinced me that's the route I'll take. I was amazed how well the tone from your patch translated to my monitors. I'm going to pull the trigger today. I'm now also gassing for a strat!

Great stuff. Glad to be of service. Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. Rock on! :) And there's more to come ...

Nice tones and playing! Only recently stumbled across your Youtube channel. From what I've seen so far I really like what you are doing. Keep that up! :encouragement:

I tried it with my Eric Johnson strat, as is sounds good but as expected (different pups, different player, etc). On the basic clean settings it was missing some of the clarity and "chimeyness" I am hearing on Burg's video, but as he notes above, he set at battle levels and as is to be expected I tried the preset at a much lower volume so a bit of tweaking was required but definitely in the ball park. Try it.

Burg
Sounds great. Can you tell me what your playing the Axe Fx thru in a live application. Thx

In the live scenario I'm fortunate that we play reasonably large houses and there's usually a great monitoring/PA system to suit. So I invariably opt for a couple of decent wedges up front, pointing back at me, in stereo. They can be anything from Martin, Nexo, through to Clair Brothers, etc. If given the choice I always opt for 12" drivers to avoid unwanted bottom end. Regardless, I always roll off from 120Hz at the lower end and about 5kHz at the top end with a final EQ. This loses both clashing low-end bass and drums frequencies and top-end brittleness, although that brittleness has been tamed somewhat since FW17/18.

Using high headroom wedges is a vastly different feeling to using, say, a quad loaded with 25W Greenbacks that go into compression sooner and therefore move a lot of air. It is something that you have to get used to. For now, at least, I really dig it, however I do take out a plain old Hot Rod Deluxe MKIII and a Boss GT-100 or 'standard' pedalboard every now and then just for a blast of the traditional. That is, until our front-of-house engineer insists that I put the Axe-FX II back on stage and quick smart. :)

Back
Top Bottom