Triple Crown Info

What happened with channel 1 ? Why don’t we have the clean of the amp ?

I do believe the clean channel is just based off something else that is already exactly represented in the AF3 in its original form. The way all other Mesa clean channels are just copies of a blackface, it might be the same with the original Fender Tone Master by Bruce Zinky. Alternatively, it could also be that Boogie copied the Tone Master for the dirty channels but did their normal blackface thing for the clean. @FractalAudio could say for sure, but my guess is it's something along those lines. Hell, I love the dirty channel 3 of the Triple Crest for cleans, Man. I'm amazed by the versatility of this amp. At least with my guitar, and for my ears, it's just perfect. And if I do want that specific chime, the Triple Crest 2 totally has it.

I think Cliff chooses the channels of an amp that make it special and unique. I think the thought process is, you'd end up with a ton of redundancy if you had every clean channel that is just a copy of whatever's already in the models. Case in point, the Archon clean is, to me, way more wide ranging and versatile than anything else I've tried; to me there's a good reason for it to be there. This is my bullshit analysis, so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

And for interesting info about the clean channel of the original Zinky designed Tone Master, check out this thread. That does make it seem like the Tone Master clean might be different than a Mesa blackface clean (more like a Bassman), but still absolutely achievable with what we already have.

yes but if you don’t know it….
For a guy who never had the amp and don’t have read the whole book history from boogie, it’s nice to have the full version (and this for every amp)
I owned 5 boogies, cleans are different. The recto’s are similar, but the mark is different, the jp is different … maybe the triple crown is different too ?

I have a Rack mount TC 100 and find the AxeFx III nails the tones perfectly. I use out 2 to a Synergy Tube Power amp into a Mesa Vertical 2 x12 for stage monitor. When I compare this to the head into the same cab it's dead nuts on. My out 1 is my FOH feed sounds killer as well. Can't recall the IRs I use. I do know it's 2 mesa cabs from the III. Since the triple crest was added and refined with Cyngus, I have haven't felt the need to fire up my actual TC 100.

yes but if you don’t know it….
For a guy who never had the amp and don’t have read the whole book history from boogie, it’s nice to have the full version (and this for every amp)
I owned 5 boogies, cleans are different. The recto’s are similar, but the mark is different, the jp is different … maybe the triple crown is different too ?

I totally agree with Unix-Guy

Get to know your gear, it's just a quick wiki search away.

My OCD says that I need the channel 1 in there, but in reality I don't.

The triple crest is fast becoming one of my favorites.....thanks to the OP, I tried it before but never spent time trying to get to know it and it's quite a workhorse!

I have a Rack mount TC 100 and find the AxeFx III nails the tones perfectly. I use out 2 to a Synergy Tube Power amp into a Mesa Vertical 2 x12 for stage monitor. When I compare this to the head into the same cab it's dead nuts on. My out 1 is my FOH feed sounds killer as well. Can't recall the IRs I use. I do know it's 2 mesa cabs from the III. Since the triple crest was added and refined with Cyngus, I have haven't felt the need to fire up my actual TC 100.

Sounds like you have some fun money waiting to appear!

Was racking my brain for live performances that used Fender Tone-Master. Try to get a good look at Page's amps in this one. I saw Plant and Page around this era, but the stadium gig I saw was nothing like as good as this relatively intimate one.

Few of us knew about those amps back then, but they really did sound more than a bit good.

Liam

Last edited:
I totally agree with Unix-Guy

Get to know your gear, it's just a quick wiki search away.

My OCD says that I need the channel 1 in there, but in reality I don't.

The triple crest is fast becoming one of my favorites.....thanks to the OP, I tried it before but never spent time trying to get to know it and it's quite a workhorse!

🤣🤦
Please …
There is no channel 1, so you go to the internet searching for the amp wiring or reading somewhere that is a “fender” ? … what a waste of time . You guys can find excuses even when something is unfinished seriously . Fanboys level 1000

“know your gear” lol . They are 400 heads . If you had fun reading manuals and forum shit all day long that’s cool, but personally I prefer playing guitar . I don’t buy a modeler to do the models myself …

Last edited:
🤣🤦
Please …
There is no channel 1, so you go to the internet searching for the amp wiring or reading somewhere that is a “fender” ? … what a waste of time . You guys can find excuses even when something is unfinished seriously . Fanboys level 1000

“know your gear” lol . They are 400 heads . If you had fun reading manuals and forum shit all day long that’s cool, but personally I prefer playing guitar . I don’t buy a modeler to do the models myself …
Then go play guitar instead of whining, hemmin and hawin continuously on the internet?🤣🤦

I think you spend far, FAR more time complaining than a 5 second wiki search 🤔

It's not unfinished, it's just listed properly
Other companies would have labeled it as 'crusher A' and 'blitzkrieg B' and you would have not had a clue what amp it was, and you would happily go about playing, not realizing the amp it was modeled after didn't have the clean channel in there because there was an identical one labeled 'clean amp 1' or something in there 🙄

Seriously, quit your whining, get with the times, do a quick search if you're curious about something 🙄

mesa said “the new Triple Crown features unique circuitry and a bold voice unlike anything else in our line.”
Now everytime you ask for something missing or a wish, you only have a “do it yourself” answer by the 5 fanboys of the forum . You give a very bad image of the company with your shitty answers and spirit .

mesa said “the new Triple Crown features unique circuitry and a bold voice unlike anything else in our line.”
Now everytime you ask for something missing or a wish, you only have a “do it yourself” answer by the 5 fanboys of the forum . You give a very bad image of the company with your shitty answers and spirit .
I don't work for Fractal. Wish I did, but sorry.

Don't all amp makers say something like that about their latest product? Hell, everyone does....'this is our best iPhone', 'this is a new unique product blah blah'. Whilst it may be true for the other channels, the clean is a straight up blackface, hence it is not modeled. Cliff explained this already.

There's an easy solution, maybe Cliff can relabel the channels as 'triple crest rhythm' or 'triple crest hi gain' or something and everyone would be fine

I agree that sometimes people here can be quick to say 'oh, just do this' etc, but they are quite often right, and honestly this is a MUCH more helpful forum than most. We all get answers here and we all try to give back. I suggest doing the same instead of giving a very bad image of yourself with your whining and spirit.

The triple crown is a 3 channels amp, not 2 . If fractal just need to copy paste an existing clean it s even easier to implement it in the list .
See the friedman with 40 slot or ... why not boogies ?
I do presets by amps , I like to use the clean channel of each amps and some of them are missing .
Then I have already said 10 times that the axe 3 is the best modeler ...Here, to friends, to the 60k people who following me in my channel ... I m the last saying shit to the product . But yes sometimes I point fails and I have wishes for the future , with this the product will be even better .

But yes sometimes I point fails and I have wishes for the future , with this the product will be even better .
Yeah, but your tone, remember, it's all about TONE, not only in playing guitar, but also how you convey yourself..., and yours is, well, brash and whiny. Jon's not the only one who has mentioned that. Is he and everyone else who has said this to you, wrong? I doubt it.

See the friedman with 40 slot or ... why not boogies ?
Let's count the Mesa amp models.... 7 Recto's, couple Lone Star's, Bass, & Triple Crown's, 15 Mark's, 5 Tri Axis', and 2 others I'm not sure what they're modeled after. That's 35 right there. And if any of the FAS models are based on Boogies, then that's even more. Doesn't seem to be a shortage of them at all.

They don’t speak with rockers a lot in their life 🤣.
i always start asking a legit question, and always got shitty answers .
a new pedal ? “Do it yourself”
A new amp? “Do it yourself”
half the amp ? “do the rest of your amp yourself”
Lol . Sorry but …
Ok . So we can’t ask anything . I start to understand it . Anyway . Let’s buy what is missing so hm ? Super cool to buy heads and pedals when you have the axe hm ?

Back
Top Bottom