Trip-Tik - Kid Charlemagne Solo

Very slick. Great tone andplaying.

Would I like the patch.. Naaaaah :)

AAEN

PS. All right then give us the patch - if you NEED to share it.

Nice :encouragement: I'm diggin it with the 1960a g12m and basket weave green mix cabs

Very slick. Great tone andplaying.

Would I like the patch.. Naaaaah :)

AAEN

PS. All right then give us the patch - if you NEED to share it.

LOL, thanks AAEN. I do feel the NEED to share...so I'll get the patch out there today. ;)

Nice :encouragement: I'm diggin it with the 1960a g12m and basket weave green mix cabs

Thanks Edge, I'll have to try those cabs. This patch uses user cab #8 (E12L) and cab #16 (G12H30) with no mic. I always set pan to the middle when using two cabs.

You are nailing Becker's solo really nizely. What guitar did you use - and especially PU's ??

Oh yeah that was fun - this model is fantastic for all sorts of lead tones .

Ya, this model is amazing...may become my fav. I was playing around with some harder tones (classic rock) and it was sounding great. There are posts using it for Metal as well....crazy to think you can get so many different tones out of a single amp model! :)

Last edited:
I thought that solo was Larry Carlton - rumor has it he played that with a Fender Tweed Deluxe and an es 355 . I might be wrong though .

You could be right VBM. Also because the 355 is way softer than the solid-body guitars that Walter B. uses. BTW, I'll try to make a preset of his tone on Two Against Nature.

You are nailing Becker's solo really nizely. What guitar did you use - and especially PU's ??

Thanks pdup! :) Yes, as mentioned below, it's actually Larry Carlton playing that solo. He's a friggin' monster...some of my all time favorite solo's came from him. I saw an interview with Larry where he said that he acted as the middle man between Fagan/Becker and the rest of the session players on their recording dates. He'd make sure everyone understood the layout of the tunes, transcribed charts, etc. His discography is amazing!

I'm using a Suhr Standard with SSH configuration. For this I'm using the Suhr DSH pickup in the bridge position with the tone rolled off just a bit to take of the edge.

You could be right VBM. Also because the 355 is way softer than the solid-body guitars that Walter B. uses. BTW, I'll try to make a preset of his tone on Two Against Nature.

I LOVE Becker's tone on Two Against Nature. Great album...would love to see your preset. :)

I thought that solo was Larry Carlton - rumor has it he played that with a Fender Tweed Deluxe and an es 355 . I might be wrong though .

It was Carlton - one his most famous solos. Tweed Deluxe, 335, bridge position with tone rolled back to 3, according to a video I saw of him recalling the recording

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom