Implemented Trigger threshold affects start of tremolo cycle

greiswig

Power User
Looked but didn't quite find this one. I would love it if the trigger threshold would actually affect the start of the cycle in a tremolo, not just the engagement of the effect. What I'm interested in is getting it to where if you're using a square wave tremolo (in the extreme case), when you hit a chord that triggers the threshold, you're immediately in the "up" part of the square wave at all times, not in the empty part of that cycle. So that you hear the start of the chord, note, or whatever even though you're in a deep-cycled tremolo.

That is how it already works. You can adjust where in the waveform it starts with the Start Phase control.

I found this in the release 11 notes:

Added Triggering to Tremolo block. When the Tremolo is triggered the Tremolo will engage and the LFO phase will start at the Start Phase value. This allows easily synchronizing the Tremolo to your playing. Set to “OFF” to defeat the trigger.
...but I guess I'm not understanding what exactly this means. I.e., what does 0 degrees mean in the context of each of the waveforms allowed? Is 0 degrees the peak of the waveform no matter what the waveform actually is? And 180 degrees is the trough? And what is 360 degrees, then?

Thank you for your quick reply.

NVM...answered my own question: you're properly treating 180 as the peak, with 0 being the bottom start of the cycle, and 360 being the bottom end of it. Thank you!

One last wish: I'd love to see documentation as to where the 0 degree phase is for each of the available workflows.

Back
Top Bottom