Trigger samples with no PC

slinky005

Power User
In the past for gigs I brought my laptop using a sample player hooked up to my Morningstar MC6 thru my Axe.
Is there an all in one solution where I would not need a laptop?
Basically onboard sample memory with midi.

Last edited:
I turned and old iPhone into an iPod, with the SampL app, a MIDI to lightning converter (made by Korg) and use a Morningstar 6 MIDI controller to trigger samples. It’s stereo, so one could make MP3 tracks and play the click on one side and the sample on another.
I just use it to trigger samples, and I run it through my AXE FX III as well.

I turned and old iPhone into an iPod, with the SampL app, a MIDI to lightning converter (made by Korg) and use a Morningstar 6 MIDI controller to trigger samples. It’s stereo, so one could make MP3 tracks and play the click on one side and the sample on another.
I just use it to trigger samples, and I run it through my AXE FX III as well.
Was doing the same kinda thing with my laptop but trying to simplify.

Was doing the same kinda thing with my laptop but trying to simplify.
The old iPhone 8 is very small, and the Korg adapter as well. I have it mounted in my rack, so it takes up very little room, and just plug in the cable to my rack and it’s ready to go. Very small and simple.

Last edited:
Korg Volca sampler is a cool little unit, has midi, sequencer, etc. limited recording time and a little lofi but pretty seeet for under $100

I had the Maschine 3+ for 5 days.

It's drivers did not play well with my Win 10 desktop or laptop, so I couldn't load samples.

Back it went. You may have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom