Tried a New 12-String Acoustic Preset Today

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
I took quite a while, but some of my delaying trying the preset below was because I'd not plugged my acoustic into my FM9 at all, until today.

I'd like to give a shout out to @GlennO who created this 12-string acoustic sim preset. TBH, I don't hear the upper string register, but the warmth and fullness of the preset is a thing of beauty.

Here is the link to @GlennO's preset from my previous question about 12-strings. The key element is the pitch virtual capo adjusted for +5.2 cents. Compared to my previous offerings of acoustic presets, @GlennO's outshines my offering by far. Glenn obviously put a lot of ear/adjustment time into this preset.

Thank you again.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/12-string-from-a-6-string.184023/post-2264592

This preset really sounds AWESOME!!! but I must say that I had some values way off on the Reverb block that the no sound was coming out of the preset, did this happend to you too when you saved it to FM9 format?
I took quite a while, but some of my delaying trying the preset below was because I'd not plugged my acoustic into my FM9 at all, until today.

I'd like to give a shout out to @GlennO who created this 12-string acoustic sim preset. TBH, I don't hear the upper string register, but the warmth and fullness of the preset is a thing of beauty.

Here is the link to @GlennO's preset from my previous question about 12-strings. The key element is the pitch virtual capo adjusted for +5.2 cents. Compared to my previous offerings of acoustic presets, @GlennO's outshines my offering by far. Glenn obviously put a lot of ear/adjustment time into this preset.

Thank you again.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/12-string-from-a-6-string.184023/post-2264592

This preset really sounds AWESOME!!! but I must say that I had some values way off on the Reverb block that the no sound was coming out of the preset, did this happend to you too when you saved it to FM9 format?
Yes. IIRC, you needed to adjust either the reverb output level or the L/R balance. If possible, could you post a screenshot of your reverb block settings, and I'll compare it to mine, and try to provide a solution? Or I could just...

fZ0wqQV.png

Last edited:
Or I could just...

fZ0wqQV.png
Lol yeha that would work too jeje. Now there is one other thing to be closer to the AXE3 preset and that is that on the FM9I'm able to use the X-Over blocks, so could you please post those screen shots.............................. and while you are at it, could you do the same with the other blocks? I'm wondering if the Filter block befor the Chorus block does anything else than just lower the output as I see on my block?

Lol yeha that would work too jeje. Now there is one other thing to be closer to the AXE3 preset and that is that on the FM9. I'm able to use the X-Over blocks, so could you please post those screen shots.............................. and while you are at it, could you do the same with the other blocks? I'm wondering if the Filter block befor the Chorus block does anything else than just lower the output as I see on my block?
No need to post these; no modifications were made to them...only Reverb was affected by volume issues...they'll translate as you upload the preset to FM9...Filter block before chorus is a null filter in order to provide even response...you'll see what the filter settings are when you open the filter block...

Back
Top Bottom