Tri Axis Lead 1 Red Mode

davieb

Hi Guys,

I have an older Mesa Boogie Tri Axis Mk2 and trying to emulate the awesome LD 1 Red Mode.
Getting pretty close with the FAS Lead 1 amp and treble booster.
Does anyone know if there is an amp block already on the Axe Fx 2 based on the Tri Axis LD 1 Red mode?
Thanks in advance.

Cliff doesn't have a Triaxis v2 with recto board non fat mod then. I asked him in thread somewhere and he said he'd look into it. If it's a Lead 1 read in any other version it sounds like ass.

Yeah the newer Tri Axis LD1 Red mode sounds pretty bad in comparison.Apparently Boogie couldn't get the parts for the board and discontinued it without really mentioning it....
I hired a newer one on tour once and couldn't believe the difference...anyway hopefully on the Axe Fx soon,great sounding Lead Mode!

I just bought a newer Triaxis (to replace one I sold a couple of years ago) and am horrified at the tone of the new Lead 1 Red mode. My old Triaxis had the TX4 board with the Fat Mod. I loved it. At first, I thought my new one might be broken. I opened it, and it has a TX5 board. Then I did some research, and found out that Mesa completely changed this mode without telling anyone.

What a useless piece of dung this mode has become, at least for me. The new Lead 1 Red is low-mid gain with excessive top end. Totally different than the old mode. If Mesa was going to replace this mode with a new circuit, they could have at least tried to make it similar. If the old board is similar to a rectifier circuit, how can they say that they can't find a suitable substitute for a legacy part? I don't buy it. I'm selling my new Triaxis to someone who prefers the Lone Star type of tone. Lots of people hated the Fat Mod Recto board. To each his own. I just wish I had known this before spending so much money on this particular unit. Thanks Mesa.

To relate this post to the OP, I would love to see the Lead 1 Red mode of the Triaxis with the Recto board (Fat Mod or no Fat Mod) modeled in the II. Mesa royally f'd up here in my opinion. The Axe could potentially provide something that even Mesa can't at present.

I just bought a newer Triaxis (to replace one I sold a couple of years ago) and am horrified at the tone of the new Lead 1 Red mode. My old Triaxis had the TX4 board with the Fat Mod. I loved it. At first, I thought my new one might be broken. I opened it, and it has a TX5 board. Then I did some research, and found out that Mesa completely changed this mode without telling anyone.

Same here. I had a Triaxis with the TX4 and fat mod. Sounded great to me. I still used the Lead 2 modes more though.

Contrary to popular belief, there's actually a lot of people who loved the fat mod. I think there's a lot of confusion and misinformation out there regarding this topic and I think it's possible that a lot of people really didn't know what they had in their Triaxis.

I used the Lead 2 Yellow and Lead 1 Red for most solo tones. I loved the diffused nature of L1R. Low legatto notes just ripped, while the high notes remained thick. Lots of wooly goodness and gain with a soft attack, but with just the right amount of definition for solos.

"Recto" L1R with may not be special to everyone, but it is to me.

I used the Lead 2 Yellow and Lead 1 Red for most solo tones. I loved the diffused nature of L1R. Low legatto notes just ripped, while the high notes remained thick. Lots of wooly goodness and gain with a soft attack, but with just the right amount of definition for solos.

"Recto" L1R with may not be special to everyone, but it is to me.

Same here.. it's kind of rare too, so I can see why it was not modeled... If he had one with the good mode, i'm sure it would be modeled.

I bought mine before the rectifier addition (V1).
Ld1 Red was a hi gain Marshall type sound.

I had Mesa add on the rectifier board and converted it to V2.

Ended up acquiring 2 more Triaxis and 2:90s.

I never used the v2 Ld1 Red for solos, just for grinding crushing crunch tones. It was always Ld1G, Ld1Y, Ld2G and Ld2Y.

I was just too accustomed to the Mark Ld tones that it felt too loose.

I'm going to take another look at it though.

I do like the feel and the tone of the Roland Cube 30 Rectifier. It crunches and solos really nice! .....except that there is a good hint of "solid state" in the sound molecules. Not sure if it really qualified as a "recto" sound though. I have and had Mesa Rectifier Amps but could not gravitate at the time.

I do use the rectos in the axe for the 90's tunes we do.

I still have some recordings I did with ld1 red non fat board triaxis.
That mode sounded and felt so good to play
I even recorded direct with it using a behringer di with cab simulation and they came out sounding awesome.
+1 for getting that mode into the axefx.

Same here. I had a Triaxis with the TX4 and fat mod. Sounded great to me. I still used the Lead 2 modes more though.

Contrary to popular belief, there's actually a lot of people who loved the fat mod. I think there's a lot of confusion and misinformation out there regarding this topic and I think it's possible that a lot of people really didn't know what they had in their Triaxis.

My first Triaxis I got lucky and it had the tx4 board with no fat mod... I sold it when I went through my vetta stage, bought a brand new Triaxis and it was terrible... sold that, found a tx4 board but it had the fat mod... it was close but not what I remembered. I found some instructions on the boogie board and I removed the fat mod and low and behold there it was... sound was back. I should have kept that Triaxis.

Back
Top Bottom