Tremolo phase

gdgross

Experienced
Last night I laid down some simple parts the verses of a tune.

Tremolo set to eighth note triplets at 130bpm.

I double tracked the parts, and panned a bit to get some separation. Good God, what a gorgeous sound it was. The trem was always in tempo, but the peaks and the valleys were at different spots in each track. Combined with the double tracking, it was the beautiful liquid sound that sounds more like water than any chorus pedal I've ever heard.

Anyway, I obviously can't duplicate the double track live, but if I were to run in stereo, how would I duplicate the trem? Would I need to run two separate effects blocks? or is it just a matter of the LFO phase parameter?

gdgross said:
Last night I laid down some simple parts the verses of a tune.

Tremolo set to eighth note triplets at 130bpm.

I double tracked the parts, and panned a bit to get some separation. Good God, what a gorgeous sound it was. The trem was always in tempo, but the peaks and the valleys were at different spots in each track. Combined with the double tracking, it was the beautiful liquid sound that sounds more like water than any chorus pedal I've ever heard.

Anyway, I obviously can't duplicate the double track live, but if I were to run in stereo, how would I duplicate the trem? Would I need to run two separate effects blocks? or is it just a matter of the LFO phase parameter?

You got it, LFO phase parameter ought to do it.

Back
Top Bottom