Tremolo activated upon preset change

Justmc

Inspired
I just received my MFC-101 . I installed it via a CAT 5 patch cord . My Axe-Fx 2 is running the newest firmware 12.03 . I am getting this weird condition . Whenever I switch between patches on the MFC there is a tremolo effect coming through for about 2 seconds and then dies out. This happens whether there is that effect in a patch or not . Also the speed of the tremolo is different in various patch changes . I did a factory reset on the MFC and it is still happening . Anyone have any experience with this ?

Thanks

is there any way you could record audio or even video of of this? camera phone, whatever. mfc mark iii (the newest one)?

Upon further investigation I am getting the same trouble turning the value wheel on the axefx . A tremolo effect kicks in for about 2 seconds and also prevents me from moving to another preset . After the 2 second timeout all returns to normal for that preset. When I physically disconnect the MFC from the Axefx the value wheel changes presets normally ??

thanks for the video! i ask others with probs to do that and they never do!

WOW that's strange.

i know you just got the thing, so hopefully you didn't program anything. can you do a reset of your MFC? unplug the cat 5 cable from the MFC. hold switch #11, then plug the cable in while holding the switch.

this will factory reset the MFC. does this help? since the problem only occurs with the MFC plugged in.

Changed the control from the Cat5 cable to 5 pin midi cable with aux power pack . Same trouble exist :-(

Ugh.. that video is ugly sounding...

So, obvious question, but does this happen when using the Axe on it's own (no MFC connected and you change presets on the Axe itself) ???
If it does, then I suggest doing a "System Reset" on the Axe and see if that fixes it.
If it doesn't, check which mode the MFC is set to (under setup)... ensure it's not sending some MIDI parameters on each preset change.

PROBLEM FIXED !!!

Sean from Fractal tech support advised me to do a system reset on the AxeFx . That seems to have done it :)

Since it only happened when the MFC was plugged in it did not occur to do a reset of the unit.

Been a very happy / satisfied customer of Fractal for some years now... Customer support A+A+A+

Here is his email to me ......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Micheal,

Have tried resetting both the MFC-101 and the Axe-fx II?
I know you tried to reset the MFC-101 (it couldn't hurt to do again), but try the Axe-fx as well.

RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS ON THE AXE-FX II

This simple procedure reverts all GLOBAL, TUNER, and IO parameter
settings to default values. It does not affect your preset or user cab
data. If you use non-standard system settings, please make notes first
as needed. Another good option to backup current system settings first
is to use the option UTILITY|PRESET|BACKUP SYSTEM. This copies all
existing System Parameter settings (and any User Cabs and Global
Blocks) to a dedicated onboard backup memory area of the Axe-Fx II.
Remember that if you later RESTORE these, you need to reboot for them
to take effect.

TO PERFORM RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS:

1. Press the UTILITY button.

2. Use the PAGE buttons to select the RESET page (not "PRESET")

3. Press ENTER.

FULL FACTORY RESET OF THE MFC-101

This simple procedure completely erases all data in your MFC-101 and
reverts the unit to factory settings. Please make notes or do a SysEx
dump if you want to backup your MFC first.

1. Power off your MFC-101.

- Power off the Axe-Fx II if the MFC-101 is connected via
CAT5/Ethernet/EtherCON

- OR remove the Phantom-Powered 7-pin MIDI cable from the MFC-101.

- OR remove the AC Adapter from the MFC-101

2. Press and hold the #11 Footswitch.

3. Restore power to the unit.

4. The message "Restore? Press Enter" will be shown.

5. Press ENTER (#14)

The MFC will be reset and is now ready to use.

PROBLEM FIXED !!!
Sean from Fractal tech support advised me to do a system reset on the AxeFx . That seems to have done it :)
Glad you got it resolved, but that's exactly what I suggested you do first, in the post above yours (#14)
:D

Reactions: yek
I did not try it because you said to do it only if the problem existed WITHOUT the MFC connected . Without the MFC the AxeFx worked perfectly ... Either way all is good . Thanks for all the help !!! Posted the email in case anyone else experiences similar issues

I did not try it because you said to do it only if the problem existed WITHOUT the MFC connected . Without the MFC the AxeFx worked perfectly ... Either way all is good . Thanks for all the help !!! Posted the email in case anyone else experiences similar issues
True, I did.... but other than changing your system settings back to factory state, it never hurts to do an Axe reset.

Back
Top Bottom