Transformer Match = B+ Capacitance?

sgplayer76

Inspired
Hi everyone,
I was reading through the "Tutorials/How-to's" section of the Axe-Fx Wiki and read that increasing the Transformer Match parameter acts as a "mojo control" - making the sound of the amp sim more open and 3-D. Looking through the advanced parameters, I do not see anything named Transformer Match. I am guessing it was renamed B+ Capacitance in an earlier update (mine arrived with 9.03 and I've since updated to 10.01), but I would like to verify this. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks a lot! I did not notice any added openness to the sound changing the B+ setting ... I guess that makes sense now! :lol:

The wiki page should also be updated with info on "HF resonance", because I thought that was also a component of transformer match. :roll:

from the release notes:

"The TRANSFORMER MATCH parameter in the amp block has been split into two new parameters: LF RESONANCE and HF RESONANCE. These parameters control the interaction of the virtual power amp with the virtual speaker in the low-frequency and high-frequency bands, respectively. The HF RESONANCE control is especially effective at brightening or darkening the amp model. The default value is 5.00 which is a relative value of 1.0 for each amp model’s actual high-frequency resonance. Reducing this value to 2.5, for example, will lower the high-frequency resonance and give most of the high-gain amps the same high-frequency resonance as version 9.00 firmware."

DonPetersen said:
from the release notes:

"The TRANSFORMER MATCH parameter in the amp block has been split into two new parameters: LF RESONANCE and HF RESONANCE. These parameters control the interaction of the virtual power amp with the virtual speaker in the low-frequency and high-frequency bands, respectively. The HF RESONANCE control is especially effective at brightening or darkening the amp model. The default value is 5.00 which is a relative value of 1.0 for each amp model’s actual high-frequency resonance. Reducing this value to 2.5, for example, will lower the high-frequency resonance and give most of the high-gain amps the same high-frequency resonance as version 9.00 firmware."
That is interesting - I am actually quite glad I posted this topic now. I was just playing with both parameters and noticed that increasing the HF Resonance makes an even greater difference than increasing the LF. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom