• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Transformer isolated Line Splitter

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I want to create an audio matrix so I can have 8 stereo effect devices in parallel. It’s simple enough to find rack mixers to take the 8 stereo outputs and mix them back down to a left and right output.

My challenge is with replicating a stereo input to each effect. I need something that takes a left and right and turns it into 8 lefts and 8 rights, and is still clean and quiet.

About the only thing I’ve seen is a Sound Sculpture switchblade ($2000 gulp) on the high end, or maybe an 8-channel headphone amp. I don’t know whether the audio levels coming out of a headphone amp channel would be acceptable to a stomp box, so I don’t know whether it would work.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

PS - scared to buy an old Rane SM26 off the inter webs from a guy in a van down by the river.

Radix Lecti

Inspired
A decent patchbay would work just fine for that I'd think. The switchblade is overkill if I understand correctly what you are looking for. If you need mixing to a stereo out you could get a couple modules made for pedal boards like a rockboard mod ll comes to mind. I have no experience with those but there is definately a reasonably cheap way to do what you need.

Top Bottom