Transformer isolated Line Splitter

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I want to create an audio matrix so I can have 8 stereo effect devices in parallel. It’s simple enough to find rack mixers to take the 8 stereo outputs and mix them back down to a left and right output.

My challenge is with replicating a stereo input to each effect. I need something that takes a left and right and turns it into 8 lefts and 8 rights, and is still clean and quiet.

About the only thing I’ve seen is a Sound Sculpture switchblade ($2000 gulp) on the high end, or maybe an 8-channel headphone amp. I don’t know whether the audio levels coming out of a headphone amp channel would be acceptable to a stomp box, so I don’t know whether it would work.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

PS - scared to buy an old Rane SM26 off the inter webs from a guy in a van down by the river.

A decent patchbay would work just fine for that I'd think. The switchblade is overkill if I understand correctly what you are looking for. If you need mixing to a stereo out you could get a couple modules made for pedal boards like a rockboard mod ll comes to mind. I have no experience with those but there is definately a reasonably cheap way to do what you need.

Back
Top Bottom