Transfer Error on Axe after edit reads 100% on FW update

stm113

Power User
Anyone else seeing this? After a while the Axe screen shows the FW from my last update. I tried twice before I had to leave. When I get home I may try to down load the FW again when I get home in it was a bad or corrupted download.

I've had the same issue even using FractalBot but it only happened once. The problem seemed to correct itself the second time I attempted the update and all has been working fine since then.

I use MIDI in to do the updates. USB connectivity fails every time at different stages. Both using FractalBot latest version.

I use MIDI in to do the updates. USB connectivity fails every time at different stages. Both using FractalBot latest version.
Which OS? Mac/Win?
Do you have a USB interface between PC and Axe or connected straight of PC?
Are you using USB 2 or USB 3 port?
What other midi devices are installed/active on your PC ?

USB connectivity fails every time at different stages. Both using FractalBot latest version.
Make sure the Axe Fx is not plugged into a hub. For whatever reason (I can’t tell you why since I don’t know the tech myself) but any time you update firmware that device likes to be left alone weather it’s the Axe Fx, Line 6 products, Olympus Camera systems or Nikon Camera systems (bodies and lens). And it’s just during the updating process.
Just the other day going from 10.04 to 10.06 the update failed cause: my iPhone was plugged in. This machine never failed a firmware update with any device in four years, sure enough unplugged iPhone everything went fine.
John

Many thanks 6L6C !
Had the same problem with my mac mini just now, unplugged the iphone from USB and went through 1st time.

Back
Top Bottom