Touchup paint

I used a black marker pen. It worked so well I'd struggle to actually find where the chips were anymore. Although to be fair my MFC is so gunked up with dust and grime, it's hard to tell what's under there....

Reactions: LVC
Interesting! I'll have to try that. My MFC is pampered - hardly moved (usually stays at the gig). When I move it, it's in a nicely padded bag carried inside my car on leather seats. Just like I transport my wife. Though she doesn't like the padded bag so well...

Sanford_king_size.jpg

I use a black permanent maker too but I'm thinking about repainting the whole thing bc mine chips real easily and has a lot of them. I keep mine in a padded hard case along w/ my 4 Boss FV-500 expression pedals and everything is screwed down, so they can't move, so I'm not sure where all the chips have come from. I'm thinking about painting mine white or purple but I'll tape over the labels bc I don't know how to paint new labels.

Not doing anything. Mine is pampered. But still getting paint chips - just one so far, but this one's cover got replaced not long ago by Fractal with chips all over it.

Mine is chipped to hell too, it's mounted on a board in a flightcase.

My Line6 floorboard was much more resilient :lol

Weird. Mine has been through about 25 gigs so far; dive bars, street dances, hell last weekend it was on a trailer soaked in all kinds of ugly crap (wrecked my pants, and literally had to take apart my pedalboard to clean it). Still good as new.

I dropped a guitar cable on it once, big ass chip out of it. The other time was when the pedalboard lid caught the front of the MFC. More chips. Still, marker pen fixed it. No problem!

Back
Top Bottom