Totally Noob CC Midi Question

jumperboy

Have my Axe, and am waiting for a Midi Controller. Still trying to wrap my mind around programing these controllers. I have looked through the Wiki, Manual, and tried to search the forum to find a table with the Effect Control Codes. My assumption is that they are already assigned within the Axe. I've been playing with the software, but just haven't figured this out. Can anyone please point this old man to something that can explain this? I just want to be able to assign a button to turn Delay1 on/off, or Dist1 on/off... :)

Thank you much in advance...

-J

I may be wrong, but I think that the CC numbers aviable (1-127?) aren´t hardcoded to any specific IAs (Instant Access, effects on/off). Instead you have the option to choose yourself which effect(blocks?) you´ll want to control by CCs that you choosed. Some (old) footcontrollers doesn´t allow you to freely specify which CC numbers you want to use, so in such case your Axe would still be fully compatible with those old footcontrollers anyway...

Haven´t got so far in programming my Ultra yet, I´m still exploring the amps and haven´t ordered any FRFR speakers yet. So I haven´t cared to check out the CCs more in-depth yet. Sorry, I can´t help you further on this.

/Mike

I may be wrong, but I think that the CC numbers aviable (1-127?) aren´t hardcoded to any specific IAs (Instant Access, effects on/off). Instead you have the option to choose yourself which effect(blocks?) you´ll want to control by CCs that you choosed. Some (old) footcontrollers doesn´t allow you to freely specify which CC numbers you want to use, so in such case your Axe would still be fully compatible with those old footcontrollers anyway...

Haven´t got so far in programming my Ultra yet, I´m still exploring the amps and haven´t ordered any FRFR speakers yet. So I haven´t cared to check out the CCs more in-depth yet. Sorry, I can´t help you further on this.

/Mike

OK, I found them. I believe they can be reassigned, but they are listed in the global I/O menu section of the Axe. But I can't find them in the editing software.

See 'ya,

-J

Back
Top Bottom