Total Lunar Eclipse starting now!

Rex

Dignified but Approachable
There's a total lunar eclipse tonight. As I write this, the penumbra is just beginning its advance across the face of the moon.

If you can't get out to see it for yourself, you can follow it live here.

It was worth it. The moon turned a beautiful red, and even Mars looked redder than I remember seeing it. Gotta get to bed now... :)

Sadly here in SE MI we're under a heavy cloud cover so I saw zip-zero-nada. In fact we went from near 80's a day ago to more snow, pushing snow levels for the year to an all time record (a record that stood for 134 years). So I'll have to view it in photo's.

Me too. Last one I saw was incredible. Something about not having the Sun blasting light onto the surface that allows you to better perceive the 3-D spherical shape of the Moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly here in SE MI we're under a heavy cloud cover so I saw zip-zero-nada. In fact we went from near 80's a day ago to more snow, pushing snow levels for the year to an all time record (a record that stood for 134 years). So I'll have to view it in photo's.
Bummer. Could have checked out the link. Live video with commentary by the good folks at Slooh.

Back
Top Bottom