Total Fresh Setup when FW11 comes around the corner

Man, I can't wait for this to drop. I always feel ambivalent about gigging with beta FW, although I have yet to find a single bug in this beta version.

OT: do you say that any "AE Gremlins" only touched the amp blocks?

Gremlins in AE 3.0? No sir, no way, no how. I've been ripping through present changes, creation, updates and all kinds of stuff using the AE 3.0 betas for almost two weeks now and it's SOLID.

Like a rock.

I don't think you really need to do that; just change out the amp type in the amp block and then change back and you are good to go. It resets everything quite efficiently.

That said, I reworked all my presets after doing about a half dozen consulting jobs setting up other guy's Axe_FX rigs and learning some new cool things that I'd never have imagined before by being forced to work outside of my normal 'personal' comfort zone because different guys want totally different things. ie. I had to come up with a workable talkbox emulation using the Formant block and that ended up being cool so I worked it into my own preset routing.

Workable Talkbox Emulation? How'd you do that?

Peace
Workable Talkbox Emulation? How'd you do that?

Peace
Parallel routing off the amp block, parallel to the cab block and back into the grid after the cab block. EEE/OOO/UHH, Resonance at 6.00. Control is an Envelope (setting it up depends on your hands/rig). Bypass: Mute Out. Mix 100%, Level (controlled by an expression pedal (ranging from a Min of -30db to a Max of 0.0db). It's not as dramatic as a real talk box, but it's damn good and very usable.

Parallel routing off the amp block, parallel to the cab block and back into the grid after the cab block. EEE/OOO/UHH, Resonance at 6.00. Control is an Envelope (setting it up depends on your hands/rig). Bypass: Mute Out. Mix 100%, Level (controlled by an expression pedal (ranging from a Min of -30db to a Max of 0.0db). It's not as dramatic as a real talk box, but it's damn good and very usable.

Hmm, screenshot please?

If you like the public beta, you'll love the release version. I promise.

Currently I am running a serial delay at about 20% mix. Do you know if the new firmware will effect this from going from 11b? I thought I remember reading that the mix param. for delay is being changed. I am real happy with 11b and hope I don't have to tweak too much.

Currently I am running a serial delay at about 20% mix. Do you know if the new firmware will effect this from going from 11b? I thought I remember reading that the mix param. for delay is being changed. I am real happy with 11b and hope I don't have to tweak too much.

What's being changed will make your exact routing much easier to dial regarding wet/dry and your output level. Do not worry, seriously.

I'm a few days into my new AFX II. Is there a section in manual that tells you step by step how to do a firmware uppgrade? I downloaded Frac-Bot and the USB software and have downloaded a custom patch to my AFX via a USB connected to my PC and AFX. Have 10.xsincemind canel last week.

Anyone want to list steps to reset AFX and download 11.0 new firmware?

Do you download the updated 11.X firmware with Frac bot?

I jammed on a modified Cameron Amp for 30 minutes. Loving this magical box!!!!!

They need to put a video section on this forum. That shows users stel by step how to do basic,intermediate, advanced tricks on this beast. One would be how to update firmware, but it might be am easy it's not required.

To me a Video helps so much vs just reading the manual.

Thanks guys! Tex

this should get you where you want to be

I'm a few days into my new AFX II. Is there a section in manual that tells you step by step how to do a firmware uppgrade? I downloaded Frac-Bot and the USB software and have downloaded a custom patch to my AFX via a USB connected to my PC and AFX. Have 10.xsincemind canel last week.

They need to put a video section on this forum. That shows users stel by step how to do basic,intermediate, advanced tricks on this beast. One would be how to update firmware, but it might be am easy it's not required.

Thanks guys! Tex

I may start fresh too. I have so many patches that are all over the place in different banks, my groupings make no sense anymore. LOL!

Thanks guys! Tex

Updating firmware is as easy as sending a preset. Select the file with fractal bit, press send, go make a sandwich

I'm just curious if a fresh start is not required, why did that "clean.sysx" or whatever it is called, come out?
system-clean.syx is a system backup from a factory-fresh Axe-Fx. It was released along with Axe-Edit 1.9 Beta because some folks were experiencing repeated crashes when using it, and this stopped the crashes.

I have found with every new firmware it is getting easier and easier to get great tone from scratch. The defaults to most blocks is excellent and a little tweaking and voila!

Back
Top Bottom