Top Gear fans? Clarkson sacked from TG

Agreed. If I did that I would be an asshole and deserve to get charged.

Punching someone over the availability of a steak? Seriously?

I won't say that what Clarkson did was cool in any way, but I'll put it into perspective..

Imagine you're on tour. You've just flow in from where ever after a long, hard week. Your rider states hot meals, etc, from catering.
After the show, you're looking forward to a nice, hot meal.

All you get is a cold platter of cold cuts.

The sacking was warranted. But I agree the show is done now. Pity. I've been a long-time fan.

I won't say that what Clarkson did was cool in any way, but I'll put it into perspective..

Imagine you're on tour. You've just flow in from where ever after a long, hard week. Your rider states hot meals, etc, from catering.

Does not justify assault. Or the verbal abuse the producer endured. Clarkson done gone f'ed up one too many times.

Gutted that Top Gear in its current format is dead, can't see it surviving. If he did punch/assault the producer then he had to be sacked, you can't argue the toss on that.

Hmmm... over a steak, huh?

My comment was "generally speaking," but that sounds pretty Viking to me.

Chris Evans (mega rich petrol head tv and radio presenter) is one name being bandied about as a replacement ... but no matter who they decide I don't really see the other 2 sticking around as co-presenters.

Clarkson does deserve to go I have to admit ..... but the BBC will lose a lot of money if they don't get it right.

The show was also in need of a bit of a re-vamp too ...... which will probably mean the producer getting the shove .... irony or what?

Of course Clarkson did land around 15 million pounds a year or 2 back when the BBC bought out the worldwide syndication company that he was a major shareholder in plus dividends plus salary .... so he'll be able to buy his own steaks without using licence payers money for a while I'm sure.

Chris Evans (mega rich petrol head tv and radio presenter) is one name being bandied about as a replacement ... but no matter who they decide I don't really see the other 2 sticking around as co-presenters.

Clarkson does deserve to go I have to admit ..... but the BBC will lose a lot of money if they don't get it right.

BBC has consistently shows that they can't get it right in other formats. Top Gear USA is a dismal show. Top Gear Russia didn't last long. Nor Australia. Nor Korea.
I doubt if Top gear China will last long, either. Launched November of 2014.

Don't know the details in this case, so Jeremy may well be wrong here, but TBH some people _do_ very much deserve to be punched in the face and/or subjected to verbal abuse.

I've been in similar situations and have never been tempted to either abuse someone over it or punch someone. I've flown in from 36 hours traveling to the same recurring situation. I've been stuck on buses in protests for days going to and from jobs and have never felt the need to do anything like this, or compare the protestors or organisers to Mexicans, use the n word or generally be an asshole to my fellow man over it. (To anyone not familiar with Clarkson, the Mexican and n-word part are incidents Clarkson has been guilty of in the past....along with others, and not any derogatory statement of mine.)

It's called being a decent human being and not playing up to the media hype that you're a twat. Good riddance.

One of like 3 or 4 shows that I watch regularly. Sure it was immature, but it sure as hell made me smile and I loved the goofiness and chemistry of the three guys. If you are curious as to how bad it could be just watch American Top Gear....it's horrible.

They (Clarkson, Hammond, and May) should just start up a similar show on Netflix...

As a Netflix customer I support this motion. They should also incorporate some elements of boxing into it. :lol

He was on his final final final final warning... The BBC had caught a lot of criticism not to have sacked him already.

And then he uses his very last chance, to punch someone over the temperature of his meal.

Right.

The format has been tired and cringeworthy for a long time now. The cheeky chappies have turned into middle aged bores.

The world has changed in the last 5 years in the UK. The man on the street is frankly fed up with being trodden on by privately educated millionaire sociopaths who are currently ransacking our country, so the BBC had no choice than to let this one go.

Nevermind eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom