Top 5 AX8 amp models

Five? Only five? Not sure I can limbo under that bar. But if I list five most recently played:

Dumble ODS 100
6G4 Fender Super
Deizel VH4
Swart Atomic
Vox AC-15

Wait, it's not fair to leave out the Carol Ann, the Plexi, the AC-20 ... ahhhh, I'm over the limit...

I'm honestly surprised at the number of AC-15 votes. I know why I love it versus the AC-30 and other similar options, but I didn't realize its popularity within the Fractal systems.

1) I'm really hooked on "Vibrolux" for cleans and pushed cleans (Twin is a close 2nd)

2) Mk IIC+ = superb leads

3) Recto Vintage = chunky rhythms

4) FAS Modern = \m/ METAL!!! \m/

5) Matchless/Morgan = sheer bliss!

Wow! One thing that comes out of this is that I need to get into using those Friedmans !

Funny, I'm surprised at all the people naming the Friedmans as their favorites. They really haven't done much for me. I have been much preferring many others including all the Splawns, Camerons, etc. . I'll list my favorite 5 if I can come up with them ..lol

I sort of agree - I like the Dirty Shirley and the Small Box for their versatility mostly. Modern and old school Marshall flavours at many different gain levels. Soundwise, I don't find them that spectacular.

Many of the same models coming up. For me at the moment-
1. Matchbox D-30
2. CA Tucana Clean
3. Suhr Badger
4. Mark IIC+
5. ODS HRM

Back
Top Bottom