Tool for comparing presets

Is there a tool or easy way to compare presets? Something less subjective and more explicit than my ears? :)

I resorted to exporting two presets as CSV files, then comparing them with a custom script, but that's pretty long-winded. Is there anything built into the various utilities like AX8-Edit, FracTool, etc?

Thanks!

Like a developer's DIFF tool? I don't know of anything but you can inspect every value in a preset with FracTool.

What's the intended purpose, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, very similar to diff. In fact, I used diff initially.

I was trying out a preset and noticed that the amp model and basic tone settings were the same as for another preset I use, yet it sounded quite different. I was curious to know which of the dozens of other amp model settings might be responsible. I'm a little embarassed to admit that the main difference was due to an overlooked PEQ block!

Thanks. Of course, that was my first approach. Have you tried it? Combination of nulls in the output and X/Y settings on each line made the output far too noisy.
I haven't had a look at the output but if it is CSV, then you could load them in into one Excel sheet and use some Ex el formula to add some basic smarts to the compare maybe ? Awk, grep, sed, maybe

Back
Top Bottom